Port Area?

The only problem with 2 6inch aeros is that they would be around 31 inches long and my box is not big enough for them.

Still wont be enough,just do a slot port.
I don't know if it is possible with the enclosure I am making. THe box is slanted and the bottom is only 15 inches deep and the top is 10. 20 inches tall and only 26 inches wide. Weird dimensions make it hard for a slot port, thats why I just wanted to go with aeros.

If I did the 3 4inch aeros it would leave 6 inches between the back of the box and the end of the aeros. Is that enough room? Making box tomorrow, need help asap.

from bigbassman aka Loyd Lowry:

1 4" aero port is functionally equal to 25^2in of port
1 4" aero is equal to 12.69^2in. so you can basically get away with 50% of a slot port with the aero port. this is also supported by other members like djman37. his testing shows 50-60%.

so considering 1 6" aero is equal to 28.27^2in (which would be equal to 56.5^2in which would be good enough for a 4 cube box) you can use 1 6" aero port for that sub and be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.