Port and firing question

well either way a proper size box for those 15"s wont give you a lot of room for the port to make any difference in any direction. It usually "louder" firing rear, with a minimum distance of 6".

I have my port for 2 12s' facing rear and subs up. I don't have rear speakers so they fire into the grill. Works good

Ok so I just put the exterior dimensions in a box calculator and says I have 10.85 cubic feet, that's taking in the factor of the 3/4 box materials, but not the port, bracing and sub, and the TC2 15 says 3.5max per 15, so that is a total of 7 cube for both, leaves me 3.8 for port and sub displacement, please correct or let me know if I am doing something wrong here, thanks

Btw thanks for the comments from everybody already.

This is what I got.?

Width 41"

Height1-32"

height2-21"

Depth-20.5"

Thickness-.75

Inter vol= 10.85793 cu ft

im just wondering how.u can get 2 properly ported 15s in. ford focus ..i cant even squeeze that in my impala
I made it happen in my impala:D got an 18 in there now tho

Ok so I just put the exterior dimensions in a box calculator and says I have 10.85 cubic feet, that's taking in the factor of the 3/4 box materials, but not the port, bracing and sub, and the TC2 15 says 3.5max per 15, so that is a total of 7 cube for both, leaves me 3.8 for port and sub displacement, please correct or let me know if I am doing something wrong here, thanksBtw thanks for the comments from everybody already.

This is what I got.?

Width 41"

Height1-32"

height2-21"

Depth-20.5"

Thickness-.75

Inter vol= 10.85793 cu ft
there is no way in hell that box.is fitting in a focus trunk ...make that size out of.cardboard and try to squeeze it in ...thats a huge box

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

I made it happen in my impala:D got an 18 in there now tho
i mean yea i could squeeze it in but it doesnt leave proper port breathing.i wanted

[quote name='NASTY08IMPALA']@FamousMassacre; has a new focus .would this box work?[/QUOTE]

Different body styles but I can bet money that you measured the inside and not the trunk opening... I did that too the first time :p

My max focus trunk openings are:
15 height
30 width
23 depth (if rear firing, 27 if forward or up firing)

no its experience lol my girl has a focus ..and u dont have that much width deptg or.height to play with ..i promise ...this is obviously ur first box.in this trunk
Please don't take offense, but have you never built a box in the trunk, or do you just build outside then try to put it in the trunk?

Different body styles but I can bet money that you measured the inside and not the trunk opening... I did that too the first time :p

My max focus trunk openings are:

15 height

30 width

23 depth (if rear firing, 27 if forward or up firing)
Thanks, I was planning on assembling inside the trunk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.