Port aiming

Participant count
  • Participant list

RayM

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all. I am building a box for 2 10’s in my 97 accord and will be aiming the subs towards the rear. My question is should I aim my aero port towards the rear or cut through the rear deck and fire it towards the rear glass? Not try to do crazy spl just nice and loud.

Hello all. I am building a box for 2 10’s in my 97 accord and will be aiming the subs towards the rear. My question is should I aim my aero port towards the rear or cut through the rear deck and fire it towards the rear glass? Not try to do crazy spl just nice and loud.
I've seen and heard your idea done live. It was a complete flop, even loss loud than sealed and sounds like complete sh*t. Why? Phase cancellation is why. Just stick to port and sub to the rear.

You don't want you port and your subs to pressurize separate airspaces, you can get a lot of cancellation from the phase of the waves not matching up.  If you want to fire your port up against the rear glass in a trunk car, you need to fire your subs forward or do a bandpass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.