Popwarhomie etc.

Participant count
  • Participant list

IndySlim

CoolAssDude
Omaha NE
Wassup fellas Popwarhomie, Jeffdachef BCotrell,ThxOne, THATpurpleKUSH, shredder2, slo_ride, Bobbytwonames, INSTALN, Boomin_tahoe. I know I'm forgetting someone but based off tutelage from you guys I scrapped everything I initially set out to do for my system and through a lot of you guy's influence I finally did these things. Scrapped my prefab and got a tuned and ported enclosure, went 0 gauge with all my wiring (this was one I didn't have to learn from you guys however I did have to schooled on my ground wire) , big 3, agm under the hood and in the trunk (I fought against the trunk tooth and nail but y'all were right), I went through 4 amps (2 jl audio slash 500/1, and 2 RE audio 1500.1 900w rms amps), Brand X HO alternator which brings me to this post. I finally realize that you guys were setting me up for a full bridged set up (which I was against - having heard bad things about Brazilian architecture) so here we are little over a year later these sundown sa 12s will be recieving a TARAMPS SMART 3K amplifier. The thing that made me write this post is after making my final purchases for this build (noico deadener, smart 3k and, agm for the trunk) I was literally and figuratively finessed by you bastards in the best way possible. Yall said beef up the electric I said no but wound up having to do it, yall said go full bridged i said no but now I want and need to and, it's the most logical move. Thank you guys for getting me here and I will finally be posting my set up as soon as the bass 3k is installed.

Wassup fellas Popwarhomie, Jeffdachef BCotrell,ThxOne, THATpurpleKUSH, shredder2, slo_ride, Bobbytwonames, INSTALN, Boomin_tahoe. I know I'm forgetting someone but based off tutelage from you guys I scrapped everything I initially set out to do for my system and through a lot of you guy's influence I finally did these things. Scrapped my prefab and got a tuned and ported enclosure, went 0 gauge with all my wiring (this was one I didn't have to learn from you guys however I did have to schooled on my ground wire) , big 3, agm under the hood and in the trunk (I fought against the trunk tooth and nail but y'all were right), I went through 4 amps (2 jl audio slash 500/1, and 2 RE audio 1500.1 900w rms amps), Brand X HO alternator which brings me to this post. I finally realize that you guys were setting me up for a full bridged set up (which I was against - having heard bad things about Brazilian architecture) so here we are little over a year later these sundown sa 12s will be recieving a TARAMPS SMART 3K amplifier. The thing that made me write this post is after making my final purchases for this build (noico deadener, smart 3k and, agm for the trunk) I was literally and figuratively finessed by you bastards in the best way possible. Yall said beef up the electric I said no but wound up having to do it, yall said go full bridged i said no but now I want and need to and, it's the most logical move. Thank you guys for getting me here and I will finally be posting my set up as soon as the bass 3k is installed.

I was in your same situation. I sold two brand new mono amps for a loss before I ever got to install (Orion xtr2500 and SS rub2500). I was drug up and down this forum daily (look at my rating) 😂. Ended up with the first amp that people originally suggested, a Taramps MD3k. I also built the box Shredder2 designed for me. Sometimes the replies pissed me off. Especially, one liners like, "that amp is garbage!" I'm glad you "saw the light" and think you will be happy with that amp. I had to realize that I was coming for approval instead of advice. That is usually what sets the OG's off on somebody like they did. We need to see some pics and specs of your build.

I was in your same situation. I sold two brand new mono amps for a loss before I ever got to install (Orion xtr2500 and SS rub2500). I was drug up and down this forum daily (look at my rating) 😂. Ended up with the first amp that people originally suggested, a Taramps MD3k. I also built the box Shredder2 designed for me. Sometimes the replies pissed me off. Especially, one liners like, "that amp is garbage!" I'm glad you "saw the light" and think you will be happy with that amp. I had to realize that I was coming for approval instead of advice. That is usually what sets the OG's off on somebody like they did. We need to see some pics and specs of your build.
I got you as soon as it arrives Tuesday I'll probably have it installed Friday. Pics on the way

I got you as soon as it arrives Tuesday I'll probably have it installed Friday. Pics on the way
Same here with the amp situation taramps was the original suggestion but scary stories about them blowing spooked me until I started to understand the tech and the fact that that's the way the industry is going especially when I saw sundown bring out the sfb line.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.