Poor dab signal

Participant count
  • Participant list

Poppinjay

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi,

I have an issue with the dab not having a very good signal in my car, constant drop outs even on BBC radio 1 and other station are unlistenable.

Ariels I have purchased.

Window screen Ariel
Caleareo Ariel roof fitted from dabonwheels
Mag mount Ariel
New test was a eightwood dab car Ariel (roof fitted)

Things I have tried.

Resetting the unit, turning on phantom power, connecting the live from the Ariels to ingnition live,unplugging the fm part of the Ariel just leaving the dab wired.

Current system..

Hu: pioneer avh-x5700dab
Fronts: hertz miller pro components 
Amps: rainbow I paul 4 channel bridged for fronts and Jl audio 1000w mono block
Subwoofer: jlaudio 2 x 12” boxed 

Car: Toyota Corolla t3 2003 hatchback

Please,please help if possible as it’s doing my nut in 
wink.gif

Poppinjay said:
Hi,

I have an issue with the dab not having a very good signal in my car, constant drop outs even on BBC radio 1 and other station are unlistenable.

Ariels I have purchased.

Window screen Ariel
Caleareo Ariel roof fitted from dabonwheels
Mag mount Ariel
New test was a eightwood dab car Ariel (roof fitted)

Things I have tried.

Resetting the unit, turning on phantom power, connecting the live from the Ariels to ingnition live,unplugging the fm part of the Ariel just leaving the dab wired.

Current system..

Hu: pioneer avh-x5700dab
Fronts: hertz miller pro components 
Amps: rainbow I paul 4 channel bridged for fronts and Jl audio 1000w mono block
Subwoofer: jlaudio 2 x 12” boxed 

Car: Toyota Corolla t3 2003 hatchback

Please,please help if possible as it’s doing my nut in 
wink.gif

Welcome.

Obviously, you're not from the US because many of those terms are totally foreign to us.  I know what an aerial (aka antenna) is and dab (digital aerial broadcast or HD Radio) and i assume you're trying to get HD/FM/AM signal to listen to the radio.  It sounds like you have been unsuccessful in getting the Pioneer to snag a signal. 

Some cars have booster amplifiers that need power to work.  If your car has a booster, you need to power it with the blue wire in the Pioneer head unit. 

I don't understand what you mean by "ignition live" unless "live" is the center conductor wire for the antenna.

Most cars have a different antenna (aerial) plug that isn't directly compatible with the aftermarket radio and an adapter is required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.