Need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Battman98

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, i really dont know much about speaker wiring. I am installing a new head unit because my previous one was stolen and the wires were cut. I am having to hard wire the speakers to the head unit. So far all i have gotten to work was my subwoofer but none of my speakers are working. Any advise on what could be wrong? I am using wire diagrams for my vehicle. 

Battman98 said:
Hello, i really dont know much about speaker wiring. I am installing a new head unit because my previous one was stolen and the wires were cut. I am having to hard wire the speakers to the head unit. So far all i have gotten to work was my subwoofer but none of my speakers are working. Any advise on what could be wrong? I am using wire diagrams for my vehicle. 
Need more photos and info, please.What make/model/trim vehicle?

Where did you source the wiring diagram?

How are you making connection?

Is the subwoofer factory or aftermarket?  Are the speakers factory or aftermarket?

If your vehicle had a factory amp then you need to connect the head unit's remote turn-on to the corresponding location in the vehicle harness.

Its a 97 gmc sierra. All of it is aftermarket. The wiring diagram is from 12volt.com and i am hard wiring it.

Its a 97 gmc sierra. All of it is aftermarket. The wiring diagram is from 12volt.com and i am hard wiring it.
Gotcha.  Thanks.

Was this a Bose or Non-Bose factory setup?  The factory amp should be under the center console.  Best to just bypass it and power the aftermarket speakers from the aftermarket head unit directly.  Otherwise you are routing the signal through the factory amp.  In your case, you need to know how you are giving the factory amp a signal (RCA or speaker level) and that you have the remote turn-on wired up.

Idk. Oh i didnt know there was a factory amp. The subwoofer has its own aftermarket amp but i didnt know the speakers had there own for that year group. I will have to look at that. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.