Pondering upgrading whole audio system. . .

If you will let me help I can guide you, but so far you've given a lot of "I won't do this because..." statements and I don't want to waste my time making suggestions for free that you won't do.

Hello,
Somewhat noobish. . .

Earlier this year (June '13) I sold my Honda and purchased a 2013 (used) Chrysler 200 Touring. The last 4ish months I was sticking with the stock system, but I eventually caved in and swapped out the stock 2.5" dash speakers for some aftermarket 3.5" (coaxiles - Kicker 40CS354). Sounds significantly better than stock, but I kind of want more.

Issues. . .

• I don't want to spend any money please don't ask what my budget is, its complicated
  • I had a bad experience upgrading the system in my last car: '05 Honda Accord EX-L sedan
  • Running T/A with a active setup would be ideal, but I don't have the knowledge, DSP cost $400+, bad experience in my last (Honda) system upgrade

Right now I'm thinking about adding an amplifier and component speaker system, but I'm worried about "brightness" and "harshness" - such as I was getting in my last car; I went through 3 component sets in my Honda, first two sets had tweeters that would fatigue me and I was never that impressed; the last set I tried running active but just as I was starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel the right tweeter started crackling and popping - these where Morels two, and its possible it could have been user error *gulp* Safe to say maybe I **** at install?

Since these will be component speakers, I really want to amp theme (for midbass), but could the wattage/power be the cause of tweeters being abit "bright"/"harsh"? Since I will not be able to run active (DD receivers don't come with the technology I need / DSP cost mon$y), I have no way of dialing back the power.

I'm thinking about giving it a try, maybe placing double sided tape to the back of the tweeters and see how it sounds, in different locations. I want the soundstage "lifted up", so I was thinking about placing the tweeters on the dash, or maybe inside the dash factory location; although I'm worried the windshield may cause harsh reflections? Maybe the tweeter will be placed too far away form the midrange (remember no T/A)?

Right now I'm just concerned about imaging and tweeters. I WILL NOT worry about a subwoofer unless/until I get my front stage done correctly (to my standards at least); not too worried about midrange, being that the factory mids are halfway decent as they are. Not really wanting to dip into sound deadening/proofing, because I did with the Honda and it was a mess; maybe just a little here and there if there is some buzzing noises; honestly, Chrysler actually put some effort into their newer cars, including my 200 - heck, there is foam on top of the engine block, and inside the side engine bay panels. When I took out the stock dash speakers, they where surrounded by foam, and I noticed the headliner had a small harness to hold it tight. The interior is pretty quite, maybe that's why the midbass is somewhat fair as it is?

sorry... long post
You seem extremely picky... Also, how can you want to upgrade but not spend money? It's not possible.

Pondering upgrading whole audio system but spending no money?What did you think the ppl on the site would say?Oh man,yeah that's a good idea.There is 0 advice to be given.You have it figured out.

My response was from the hard lesson of spending countless hours giving out excellent advice with many people casually dismissing it. Learning from those who have real world experience means opening your mind to new ideas. You came in here with your walls up announcing to everyone that you aren't ready to take advice with an open mind.

Not to mention it was pointless to delete your whole post, I quoted the whole thing bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My response was from the hard lesson of spending countless hours giving out excellent advice with many people casually dismissing it. Learning from those who have real world experience means opening your mind to new ideas. You came in here with your walls up announcing to everyone that you aren't ready to take advice with an open mind.
Funny, you helped me at diymobileaudio

Not to mention it was pointless to delete your whole post, I quoted the whole thing bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I deleted my post because I realized it was a mistake. Kind of pointless for you to quote the whole thing.

These guys are a great help I started out about 6 mo. Ago and when u ask questions that can be answered they are very helpful. I have learned so kuch from them. U r just to picky and dont know what to ask

Funny, you helped me at diymobileaudio

I deleted my post because I realized it was a mistake. Kind of pointless for you to quote the whole thing.
I'm not an *** but seriously, what advice did you expect to get saying you wanted to upgrade your system but won't spend any money? What advice would you give me if i said i wanted to add 100 hp to my car with a 5 dollar budget?

I'm not an *** but seriously, what advice did you expect to get saying you wanted to upgrade your system but won't spend any money? What advice would you give me if i said i wanted to add 100 hp to my car with a 5 dollar budget?
Go to your local farms, steal 100 horses. Buy as much rope as you can for $5, then tie all the horses to your car. Problem solved. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.