polyfill

Originally posted by paikiah huh???

Jmac, of all people...I thought you'd be an expert in CAD...

it's a computer aided drawing software...bloody accurate, if you ask me...

nearly all architects use it... 2D, 3D...oh, it's really complicated if you want to get really into it, cause I have no clue on how to use it, but one officer here uses it to design things and it looks just bloody incredible...

and to get one? hmm.. it's a **** expensive program... you'd have to get a bootlegged version, but with that audodesk thing, you'd need to acquire another registration number... the one that comes with the CD itself is not enough...

anyway, I think if you've got it, you won't become a post ***** no more, you'd be spending time designing some REALLY awesome boxes...
Ah, this is where I come in. AutoCAD isn't very difficult to use at all, quite simple IMO. It runs in the ballpark of $3,000. I do believe it's very hard to find bootlegged. I have the real version baby woohoo!! AutoCAD lite is also a nice lil program, a little easier to use. But AutoCAD is one helluva program, I think you'd really like it Jmac.

My office has audodesk 2002, but since I dunno hwo to use it, it's just collecting dust...

maybe it's time for me to start...it'll look better than my pencil and ruler drawings in my notebook...

I have a bootlegged version of it. It's only a 200 or so meg file. On a cable modem, I got it off kazaa in about 2 hours and that was slow.

hah hah, autocad is like (one of) the leading designing software, made by autodesk, its nearly 2000 or so for the basic version, and it just goes up from there with more options, ive had very little luck finding it free off kazaa or the like, but maybe you can, if your into illegal stuff like that, lol, i think though that you can find the actual software on http://www.autodesk.com

somewhere in there, but its kinda difficult to use, the reason i did, was b/c i took two years of drafting that incorperated that program, but i wouldnt recommened it for someone that doesnt know much about drafting etc.

good luck tho, it really is a great program for anything from a mechanical part, to a car, to a 50 story bldg. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by Jmac Does anyone want to inform me of what AutoCAD is and where I can find it ?
Autocad is a program usually used by engineers and such to design stuff. My dad uses it for everything. Im not sure where you get it cuz he got it throgh his work. I'm sure you could buy it somewhere, or u might be able to download it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.