plexiglass box?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by _MstANg_ ive seen some plexiglass boxes on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3006596489&category=14945

and i wasnt sure if they were any count, or if they might lower the sq or spl quality or the how hard the subs hit in general, anyone know anything about these?
From what I understand, a box is a box.. the material is not relevant (mostly).. as long as it's sturdy.. That said, they should sound the 'same' as if the box was MDF, concrete, fiberglass, or paper mache (that would have to be ONE THICK BOX //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif )..

But, at $650 you are nuts.. you can get your own 3/4" plexi and build your own I'd think.. Course, that takes a bit more skill than an MDF box.. but that price is crazy (if you ask me)

the price is with the 2 10L7's. its 650 for all that. not bad at all for someone that can't build a plexiglass box. that would be like 250 for the box and like 400 for the subs.

Originally posted by jbl_marshall21 the price is with the 2 10L7's. its 650 for all that. not bad at all for someone that can't build a plexiglass box. that would be like 250 for the box and like 400 for the subs.
$200 for a 10" sub? no thanks, not for me..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.