Please recommend some basic HU for my 2005 Galant GTS.

I am just stating my personal experiences. We have the right to disagree, but it doesn't mean either is wrong. They both have their validity.
Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Right to disagree...pfftt. So lemme get this straight, you had the 80-prs and had issues with it? If so, this a 1st I'm hearing about it. I've read dozens of people that have this HU love it.

Right to disagree...pfftt. So lemme get this straight, you had the 80-prs and had issues with it? If so, this a 1st I'm hearing about it. I've read dozens of people that have this HU love it.
I never said that as all of the Pioneer radios suffer from this. I seem to remember reading it was something proprietary:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/technical-advanced-car-audio-discussion/54382-help-avoiding-blowing-pioneer-pico-fuses.html#/topics/54382?page=2

The HU grounds the RCA through the pico, so if you have power on the RCA ground from an amp/processor...that is what can blow it. Most amps should ground it, but if say your amp ground was bad...you plug in and zap. However if you blew a transformer in an amp it could fry the HU and that is why the pico is in there. I don't recall if the 880 does balanced, but then I never read all 500 pages of the manual.

I never said that as all of the Pioneer radios suffer from this. I seem to remember reading it was something proprietary:
Help avoiding blowing Pioneer Pico fuses - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

The HU grounds the RCA through the pico, so if you have power on the RCA ground from an amp/processor...that is what can blow it. Most amps should ground it, but if say your amp ground was bad...you plug in and zap. However if you blew a transformer in an amp it could fry the HU and that is why the pico is in there. I don't recall if the 880 does balanced, but then I never read all 500 pages of the manual.

You do know that thread is from early 2009 right? Welcome to the past.

Help avoiding blowing Pioneer Pico fuses - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LOL i knew it, you read an old outdated and irrelevant post and still believe its factual. Those were the EARLIEST models of the 80 prs. After 2012 they have done revisions to address said issues.

TOTALLY CALLED IT.

as said before over 30+ people locally have the unit with no issues relating to any pico fuses. How many do you personally know run an 80 prs? Or did you just dig up some old thread about pioneer head units and automatically label them that way?

LOL i knew it, you read an old outdated and irrelevant post and still believe its factual. Those were the EARLIEST models of the 80 prs. After 2012 they have done revisions to address said issues.

TOTALLY CALLED IT.
That is how all their radios work. Unless they no longer use that board or somehow bypassed it?

That is how all their radios work. Unless they no longer use that board or somehow bypassed it?
They changed their design to prevent those issues. Last case i've heard of any pico fuse was 2013 and that was a pre 2012 head unit. There's been no pico fuse incidents since unless the person has a really old pioneer. You really think a brand wouldnt address their shortcomings and do revisions on their products?

Well guys thanks for some suggestions. The reason I want SD card capability is I simply want to dump all my music on it (600+ actual CDs) and just leave in there. Don't want 1) any USB drives sticking out, 2) don't want to mess with connecting my phone (via USB or Bluetooth). I can lose flac/ogg support if need be and just 320mp3 it, but preferably want to go with at least 64GB SD card capacity, the bigger the better.

The last deck I had was the Pioneer AVH-X2600bt and that suffered from the dreaded pico fuse problem. When it happens you know it right away!

Well guys thanks for some suggestions. The reason I want SD card capability is I simply want to dump all my music on it (600+ actual CDs) and just leave in there. Don't want 1) any USB drives sticking out, 2) don't want to mess with connecting my phone (via USB or Bluetooth). I can lose flac/ogg support if need be and just 320mp3 it, but preferably want to go with at least 64GB SD card capacity, the bigger the better.
I doubt you'll hear much of a difference in a moving vehicle unless you sound proof the entire vehicle!

OMG...are we still discussing the pico fuse problem which Jeff has pointed out above, they fixed the issue? If your so dam concerned about it, warranty takes care of that. Or go with another brand and shut up.

OMG...are we still discussing the pico fuse problem which Jeff has pointed out above, they fixed the issue? If your so dam concerned about it, warranty takes care of that. Or go with another brand and shut up.
Now it's you who cannot let it go. I stopped as my last post never mentioned it.

Turn it into wav via audacity and use a USB, your options open up massively. 256 gig usb viola. IDK whats so hard about that.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Glide-Flash-SDCZ60-256G-B35/dp/B01B8E72X4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1498689806&sr=1-1&keywords=256+gb+usb

The last deck I had was the Pioneer AVH-X2600bt and that suffered from the dreaded pico fuse problem. When it happens you know it right away!
cscstang has that deck and never had any pico fuse issues, so you got unlucky lemon or you fked up some where lol. That was a crappy outdated deck anyways. the 2800 is miles better. SQ was way better from the start even without any adjustments. With adjustments you can work pretty good magic.

Its like me telling you that orion is horrible, and underrated garbage while their 2016 and 2017 has been proven performers. Basing off of old technology just means you are completely outdated and overly biased. I open my mind to every brand. Even gave sony mex100bt a shot in a buddy's setup which turned out really good for his needs. I had personal biases about sony but technology changes and improves.

you can even get an active capable 24 bit dac head unit with 13 band eq and time alignment nowadays for 99 dollars and it actually sounds good too. A unit like that would have costed 300+ 7 years ago.

Now it's you who cannot let it go. I stopped as my last post never mentioned it.
Wrong answer. You keep bringing up excuses, one after another. I said something once, in the matter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.