please help

nebraskaz71
10+ year member

NE
I admit i'm not good with stereos. I've had about four different setups in my truck in the last 6 yrs and I've hated everyone. I've tried adjusting everything and it always sounds like crap. I recently was told that my rcas may be hooked up wrong. Now like I said I dont know stereos and I had a shop do the install. When I fade my speakers to the front my subwoofers completely shut off. I was told this means my subwoofer rcas are hooked into the rear speaker outlet instead ofthe sub outlet? Is this true? Would this be why my stereo always *****? thanks in advance I realize i'm a complete noob.

my headunit has front rear and sub but I think the shop hooked rcas for subs into the rear outlet since I got rid of rear fill. Just curious on if that would be the reason that no matter how I adjust amp and stuff my subs still sound horrible.

JBL 600.1 on Imagine dynamic idv3 10s sealed with .7 ft each

no that wouldnt be the reason why it sounds like crap, but is the reason why they shut off when faded all the way to the front. all you have to do is go out and buy a y-adapter. 1 male to 2 female adapter, connect it to your rca's behind your cd play and the connect the 1 male to the sub out on the deck, that will take care of your fading problem.

as for why it shounds horrible, maybe you have a leak in your box somewhere, maybe your subs are wired out of phase that would be a big problem on why they dont sound good. there are many possibilities on why it doesnt sound good

If you are using the crossover in the deck for the sub and not the crossover in the amp then that could be a reason because the sub is getting full range and not sub freqs.

alpine 9805 it has sub out...... i'm gonna have ot take it to a shop or something though lol Like I said I have no clue and spent all day tryin to get cd player out and it dont wanna budge.

I was looking at the 9805 manual and it doesnt have a real crossover in it. It does have something called bass type. if set to type 1 it says works best with sub woofer and the type 2 and 3 is for when you have smaller speakers. That sounds like it might be a simple crossover thats not adjustable. I would get it back to the shop and have them fix the RCAs so the sub is on the sub output. If your sub amp has a low pass crossover i would set it up around 80hz and experiment from there. Just make sure your sub is getting low freqs. if it is on the rear outputs and the bass type is set your sub might be getting a hp crossover and not getting under 100hz, and that would be bad.

Thanks, I'll do more messing with it today. I may have to find another shop cause I've had plenty of issues with this place and tired of dealin with it. All the shops around here seem to be terrible.

My setup currently inclues JBL 600.1 on Imagine dynamic idv3 10s sealed with .7 ft each and cdt front stage on a crystal amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.