Please help with electrical upgrades for my setup

Not enough about Sound Quality, not Quality SPL installs and enclosures. I wanted to get into SQ competitions when I first got into car audio comps, but was talked out of it by several people. It's a dead sport around the NorthEast because it was too judge dependent, one judge might want more bass, another one less bass. Then another judge that might give a "bonus" points to one guy cause he has his install installed by the judge or a friend of the judge. At least with SPL it's up to the meter who wins, not whether or not a judge likes you or how your car sounds. If SQ was less judge dependent it might be worth it to learn more about that area of car audio. Hopefully the new Psychlone format from Db Drags will take care of this part of SQ comps.
Valid points, I rectum. Its not a sport for me, I like good sound. An SPL meter says "loud", my ears likely say "sounds like ****". I don't doubt you're asessment of the "judges" either. Quality is in the eye of the beer holder. Want loud, shoot off some 10 gauge shells for bass near the mic. SPL is for "bragging rights" only and has no real place in sound quality. If you're after only SPL numbers and don't care what it sounds like, more power to ya. I kinda like my music to sound good. You can't stand 160 dB (or whatever) without permanent hearing damage. I guess that's why they make remotes nowadays for car stereos. I can reach mine, the remote has never had batteries in it. Mine is usable and sounds good with me in the truck. I can't loosen the license plate bolts on the car next to me though. You also can't see my underwear when I walk down the street. I guess I'm not a dawggy dog snoop clock wearin' phat ass.

I've got a bit of both in my daily system, I've got what I think sounds the best for real music but can also change the settings of my EQ and be heard a block away, if thats what I feel like doing. I bought one of the old Rockford Fosgate EPX2 units a few years ago and that thing really helps with the fine tuning of a system, the staging and imaging helps greatly too, but being able to tweak everything til it sounds great is awesome. I have no speakers in the dash, but with the right music you can hear the cymbals or chimes coming from the bottom of the glass, as though there was actually a speaker there. I had an SQ guy sit in my ride last season and to see what he thought and he said it sounded **** good, not what one would expect from an SPL guy. I'm sure there's more I could do, but it sounds pretty good with the right music, like some Dream Theater, or a few classic Eagles tracks. No snoopy dogg crap for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.