Please help....something is not right with new set up

Participant count
  • Participant list

Helpme!!!

Hello,

I recently got new 500w speakers for the rear of my car. I also got a 400W amp, and replaced my old deck to a Sony Xplod. I will list everything below. My friends helped me set everything up, everything seems to work but there is literally no bass coming from my back speakers. The front seem to be normal as they were before, but it's hard to tell since they are still OEM. The new speakers i got are connected to a crossover, which is connected to the amp. Is the crossover ruining the bass? I also don't have the tweeters installed yet that came with the speakers, do they need to be connected in the crossover at the same time?

I messed with the equalizer on the deck and I can't get any more bass coming from the speakers. Maybe I don't have the positive and negative going from the crossover to the amp correct? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Amp: BOSS CW350 CHAOS WIRED 400 Watts 4-Channel High Power Amplifier

Speakers: Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component System

Quick question, Why are you running the component speakers in the rear, and factory speakers up front? Why do you not have the tweeter hooked up?

The crossover will not remove the bass from the mids (if it is connected properly) because the crossover will only low-pass for the mids.

Now if you had the mids hooked up on the tweeter outputs, then it would cut the bass because it is a high-pass filter and would cut out low frequency.

If your friend hooked up the mid to the tweeter output, never, ever let him touch your car again.. as he has no f-ing clue as to what he is doing.

if he hooked the tweeter up to the mid-range output, then it will blow almost instantly.

Now if you had the mids hooked up on the tweeter outputs, then it would cut the bass because it is a high-pass filter and would cut out low frequency.

If your friend hooked up the mid to the tweeter output, never, ever let him touch your car again.. as he has no f-ing clue as to what he is doing.
^^^This. and make sure they are not wired out of phase.

Welcome btw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ok thanks for the reply. Originally we were going to hook up the component speakers in the front of the car, but it was nearly impossible because I didn't have any where to but the component box, along with the fact my front speakers are almost impossible to take out along with running the speaker wire through the door. Isn't it ok to put the woofers in the back of the car and then run the tweeters in the front? I currently don't have them in because where i live we just got hit by another blizzard and i cant pull my car in the garage cause my parents vehicles are in it.....

Now i will recheck my connections but I am 99.9% sure that the woofers are connected in the woofer spot in the box. If they are right, what else could be wrong?

It's not okay to run the tweeters so far away from the woofers. the closer the better. the components are the best speakers you have so they need to be in the front. if your going to skimp on anything it needs to be the rear speakers. in fact its best to not even run rear speakers unless you have a DSP that will control them properly. Weather sux **** for sure.

The other thing it could be is that you have a different crossover somewhere that is killing your bass (likely on your amp but could be on the headunit too), they could also be wired out of phase like mentioned above, but ill take your word that they are wired correctly. if you want to post a pic of the settings on your amp, I can tell you exactly, if anything, is blatantly wrong with them (like the crossover or gain etc..). I can at least give you some quick starting points for it.

Its also not unlikely that your fronts are just more sensitive then the components and are playing louder then them, this would be fixed by the gain control.

We got the snow too. parking lot fun! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If wiring through the doors is an issue, you can tap into the stock wiring near the door if it comes to that. the components need to be in the front. if you can't fit the X-overs in the doors (I have the same speakers-them crossovers are pretty big), one option is to run wire from amp to x-over, mount x-over under dash, mount tweeters on dash, then tap into stock wiring for woofer in door.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.