PLEASE HELP ME WITH My ROCKFord system

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by rockford666 how to install it

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Do you have an amp? What type of vehicle is this going into? You will need an amp wiring kit to install that if one is not already in place. A little more detail would help me help you out better.

Well long story short......you are going to be in for a long day installing this, but I will try to help out best I can.

You will need an amp installation kit to begin with. Are you running this off of a factory head unit or an aftermarket one? The biggest thing you are going to have to do is run the power wire thru the firewall and into the cab. You will need to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery before hand so as not to cause any short outs or get shocked urself a few times. Connect a small piece of the power wire (about 18" or less is prefered) to the positive on the battery terminal. At the other end of this wire you will need to connect a fuse block. For now leave the fuse out of the block for safety reasons again. Now the fun begins.....You will need to find a location to run the main section of power wire thru the firewall and into the cab of the truck. Typically there is already a grommet with some wiring going thru that you can fit the power wire into. Best and or easiest way I have found to do this would be to use a coat hanger with a rounded or bent back tip so it does not tear or cut up any other wires in the bundle. Push it thru partially and attach the power wire to the end of it using enough wire tape to hold it on, but not too much that you have a giant bundle that does not pull thru the grommet. Floor panels by the door should pull up or come up easy enough for you to run the wire along the inside wall under the carpet and to the rear where you are likely mounting the amp? Once this is done locate a good location for a ground wire. If there is no bare metal it is normally easy enough to scratch some paint off around a screw or bolt down to the chassis or floor of the truck. Next step is to deal with the signal from the head unit and back to the amp. THis will depend upon (once again) wether you are running a factory head unit or aftermarket. Let me know and I will give best directions I can over here on how to go about that.

Don't try running the RF 750x at 1 ohm. RF amps don't like that very much. Also, the 750x is a four (4) channel amp not normally used for subwoofer applications, no matter how you wire it, it won't provide the power that your HE subwoofers need. It is rated at 90 watts x 4 @ 4 Ohms RMS, 187.5 watts x 4 @ 2 Ohms RMS or 375 watts x 2 @ 4 Ohms Bridged. I use my Power 750x for my mids/highs and a RF Power 1500bd for the subwoofers. For this to be your first install, you are going to need a lot of guidance. I think this guidance needs to be someone that is there to watch/help you through this. Look at all us that have done this a few times and still have questions. However, all of us will be glad to help.

Black Navi

His subs are 4Ohm dual voice coils, so the amp will see either 4 Ohms or 1 Ohm. Remember he has two subs that he is going to wire to the amp, if he were using 2 2Ohm dual voice coils subs he would be able to do what you are talking about. As it is the most his subs will see will be 375 watts each.

Black Navi

Would this not produce a 2 ohm load per channel if you bridged the 4 channels in to 2? I was thinking about pusning my HE2's with my Punch 800a4. Wire it the same as below only with 3 subs and have a 1 ohm load per side. But I figured that the amp couldn't handel it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.