Starting fom scratch

BeBanginSoon

I'am starting from scratch and i want to go all sony i decided on getting the Sony XS-L1246 Sub woofers they have 400w rms with a peak wattage of 1200w and are 4 ohm.

I was wodering which amp would give me the most bass and performance. they will be in a sealed box. I want all Sony and i'am not sure which sony amp is best i could use some help!!!

I would advise against Sony amps, you can do better for the money such as jbl. Sure it will look cool with all one brand, but it would sound better if you didn't go all sony.

I don't want to flame you here but I have to agree with the other guys. Sony isn't the best audio gear around. Sure there are heaps worse but when it comes to sound quality and reliablilty, Sony just doesn't cut it. If your not really after SQ or SPL and just want your car to look really cool, then go with the Sony because I admit, they look bloody cool! Cheers:)

Originally posted by bass_master I don't want to flame you here but I have to agree with the other guys. Sony isn't the best audio gear around. Sure there are heaps worse but when it comes to sound quality and reliablilty, Sony just doesn't cut it. If your not really after SQ or SPL and just want your car to look really cool, then go with the Sony because I admit, they look bloody cool! Cheers:)
Gotta agree here too....why buy sony aside from possibly a headunit? TONS of other manufacturers out there that do not burn up so easliy, sound so poorly and just overall not be worth the money in paperweights. If you really want to go with it then by all means please do, but fair warning....aside from their older ES line which is no longer in production they are not really worth the money.

I have to agree with the above, i have herd some good sony subs, but my friend has gone through 2 Sony amps in the last 6 months. We finally replaced them with a nice Rockford Fosgate. I've been hearing some nice stuff about them.

go with a better brand for everything you have, you can spend just about the same amount of money and get way better... especially if you are ordering off the internet.

I installed 2 xplod 12's in a friends ride. As everyone else said "not the best choice" He has been to 2(two) sony amps XM-6001gxd's. (NOT STABLE TO 1 OHM AS THEY STATE) and 4 xplod 12"s. He burnt the wires right of the voice coils and the subs cone caught fire. If you really want sony, if I come across any I will be glad to give it to you. Just save your money, build it peice by peice and get good equipment.

Gonna test out a Sony reciever here soon. internal amp is either fried or tunred off but RCA jack still all work so i shall let u all know how good it works.

J

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.