Please Help me out!

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassJeep

Hi everyone im just about to start doing my first big build here shorty, and up to this point have only had small 1000 watt or smaller systems. So i ordered 2 re sx 18s and plan on building a box tuned to 32 hz after i get some batterys and an alt, but for the time being im running one of them in a prefab box built for the xxx 18 off of a sundown sax-1200d at 1 ohm, now the problem is my sub woofer is getting hot very quickly, probably within 10 minutes of playing if not less, my gain is at 12 o'clock so half way and my bass boost on the amp is about the same i have a cheap sony xplod headunit for the time being and have bass, mid, and treb all set to 0 playing the head unit at 60 out of 61 could someone please point me in what direction of what is going on? thank you

It's a word that rhymes with shipping.... Why are you turning your HU up so high? I can go to 40 on my Kenwood but don't turn it past 26. Because that's when it starts to clip, Do you have a DMM or anything to set your amp?

Im going to try and turn down my headunit, im doing to get a dd1 by steve meade before i put the other one in because im going to run them off of a sundown saz-3500 so i need to make sure theres no clipping, the only reason its up so high is because my awful car audio shop near me had no rca's so until i get a set i cant use my highs amp

Also i wanted to make sure, using the bass boost built in to the head unit like bass:+3 ect. thats is bad and will cause more clipping correct? sorry i dont know all that much i just want to know what im doing before i go to put it all in

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.