Please help me! major problems with install!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

sx4dude2013
10+ year member

So today i went to a local shop to have my 4-channel amp put in. I know the manager of the shop and he always installs my stuff i buy off the web/best buy. about a yr ago i had a double din installed by them. It is a cheap off brand one. So today after i left with the 4 channel installed it sounded like crap!! WTF! so i went back..he made an ajustement and i left. IT STILL SOUNDED LIKE CRAP! so i then went to another shop that did some other for me in the past.t sounded better. I went back to the orgianl shop to get a sound cancerler box thing!?!?! to help with the whining noise when i accelatorate. I left with still issues!!!

I called and he yells @ me telling me that i dont need to go around town getting "second opinions". I yelled back. He said that all the issues are because if my cheap radio...so my current problems are..

1) Whinning noise from speakers when i accelatorate with a (noise cancel box thingy) I went to BESTBUY to talk to an installer and he thinks they ran the wires down the same side.

2) When BESTBUY installer moved the noise cancel box around it cut out my speakers...he doesnt know why..

3) Crappy sound!!

TELL ME WHAT U THINK IT IS! IM GOING BACK 2MORROW TO GET A NEW HU! HOPE I GET GOOD SOUND!

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!!!

Could be bad grounds, loose wires, power wire & rca's run together or any number of other things.

As I said; Learn to install your own gear. It's not that difficult.

Why in the fuck would you leave the place with issues still. And I understand the installers point, I assume you ran your mouth at the other shop that set the 4ch amp. Instead you should have never paid or left the original shop unless you were completely satisfied. This is a typical noob move:fyi:

I gotta agree: learn how to do your own shiz and this won't happen.

However, if I paid for something, I'd keep going back until the problem is fixed, and I wouldn't pay a dime more. The whole "second opinion" situation makes me think me think you're going to some shady shops as well; seems like some people are getting butthurt...

Learn how to install your own gear. That'll stop this type of **** from happening...
definitely this.

OP went to 3 different places complaining and got mad when the first place he went to called him out. next time bring it back to first place and keep bringing it back till they correct the issues, don't go spreading word around town that he messed up your car.

Aye I'd be pissed if I was the installer and someone was talking **** behind my back to my competitors who are most likely friends or atleast know each other. I agree that it would be better if you learned to do it yourself. Probably save you a lot of headaches and money in the future. If you don't know something the Internet will teach you! It may not be right but you will be able to screw it up yourself. No need to pay someone else to mess it up.

yea. im buying a new headunit 2morrow...and getting all the issues fixed b4 i leave..i talked to the manager 2nite on the phone. i apologized and so did he...2morrow will be very awkard though. And yes. i do need to learn to do my own ****...100% right. I hope i can get a nice HU 2morrow and get all my problems fixed. Im not leaving til its done right...which me luck..ill post results 2morrow...and i hope the installer didnt run power and rca down the same side! ugh! even i kno that. lol. He said he is gonna give me a deal on the HU....i want Bluetooth, ipod, HD radio, and some other goodies...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.