Please help me figure this out!

Participant count
  • Participant list

snoogy17
10+ year member

canada
Hey guys! i have been reading information for over a week and have been trying to come up with my best option for the setup i will be running. So i was hoping some of the veterans would be able to solve this pretty simply seeing as i can't.

This sub box will be for underneath a 2000 sierra extended cab. I will be raising the rear seat 2.5 inches to give me a little more room to work with.

the sub is a 10" kicker L7 that will be powered by a 400 watt kicker amp.

Specs:

Size (IN.,CM) 10, 25.4

Impedance (OHMS) 2 or 4 DVC

Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK/RMS)* 1200/600

Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m) 86.8

Frequency Response (Hz) 24-100

Mounting Depth (IN.,CM) 6-1/4, 15.9

Mounting Cutout, Square (IN.,CM) 9-5/16, 23.7

Min Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters) .66, 18.7

Max Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters) 1.0, 28.3

Min Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)** 1.25, 35.4

Max Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)** 2.25, 63.8

i would like to be able to feel the bass in my chest but i'm not trying to break any windows.

Hopefully somebody can chime in on my design and give me some input.

according to the 12volt.com calculator this box should be around 0.8 cubic feet somewhere around 70hertz.

Im new to the forum and box building so please take it easy on me!

Thanks fellas!

Screenshot2010-08-17at110423PM.png

Screenshot2010-08-17at110441PM.png

70 hz will sound like ass you need to lower your tuning quite a bit most car subwoofers start to play at around 70-80 hz honestly if you want to have good deep bass and arent worried about numbers tune low like 32-34 hz

I know. This is my problem. Because even if i were to cut my port down to 1"x15" i still need 44" of port according to the 12volt.com calculator. So do i need to make a box thats the length of the entire back seat to get good bass out of this sub with my 400 watt amp or am i better off going sealed? If designers want to help out and figure something out that works and will sound good. I am willing to pay for your time.

Im guessing that i need to go sealed for the area i have to work in right? Am i still going to feel the sub in my chest in a sealed box? This setup was in my gf's jetta in a ported box and it was really hard and could always feel it in your chest. So im hoping that i can get it to sound the same in my truck. I could also make the box go all the way across the the the floor. but there is that hump. So if somebody wants to design this thing properly, i do have cash ready in paypal to a good design.

Min Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters) .66, 18.7

Max Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters) 1.0, 28.3

Min Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)** 1.25, 35.4

Max Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)** 2.25, 63.8

32 Hertz seems to be the standard. So hopefully somebody wants to make some cash and design me a box!! Thanks guys!

Gear i am using so far

Alpine IDA-X303 HU

Kicker Ks 650.2 Components

Kicker ZX200.4 (Comps amp)

Kicker KX400.1 (SUB amp)

Kicker L7 (10")

Kicker 09PKD4 Dual amp Wiring Kit

Hope that helps And hope you guys can help me!!

Thank You!

Okay guys. i put together a new box after doing some more research. Can someone please tell me if my math it correct. and which way i should aim the port.. forward or backwards.. against the back of the cab like in this design. If my math is right, this box should be 1.4 cubic feet tuned to 34 hertz. the port is 3.5x4"x23". Please give me some advice! Thank You!

Screenshot2010-08-20at111010PM.png

Screenshot2010-08-20at111151PM.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.