Please help me decide on sound system.

srmfball
10+ year member

Chicago
These is the system I was thinking about putting in my car please feel free to comment about what you like or dont like so I can change it accordingly.(I havnt orderd any of it yet)

Headunit- Alpine CDA-9857

Speaker amp- JL 300/4

Front Speakers- eDi6500s

Back Speakers- Some kind of coaxil down the road (back not that important to me)

Sub amp- JL 500/1

Sub- JL 10W7 probably in JL H.O. enclosure

What do you guys think? What speakers do you think? I will be having this done professionally at tweeter. It would be put in a scion tC.

-Thanks

steve

fwiw, here's what i'm looking at right now:

Big 3 wiring upgrade

Alpine 9856 HU

JL 300/2

Rainbow Germaniums (or if I decide to buy something cheap just to have it installed by Tweeter, probably just some Boston Pro60s if they're on sale/discount since they'd be about the same price as ordering much nicer speakers online like the Germaniums)

added later:

JL 12w6v2

JL 500/1

box

possible a better alternator than stock

Btw, what did they quote you for labor?

Im pretty sure your probably going to want to do the BIG 3. Or a better alt. I have heard better reviews on subs that re cheaper than the W7. SQL or SPL. My guess is SQl.

Ya my main goal is SQL. I didnt get a quote for labor yet but i ahve gotten stuff done there in the past and I like the work they do.

I'm hearing around $1600 to have the following purchased and installed at Tweeter:

Boston Pro60s

Alpine 9856

JL 300/2

Dynamat front doors

power wire

RCAs

JL 16g wire kit

The Boston Pro60s are nearly identical price in their store as ordering Rainbow Germaniums would be from 6spdcoupe. Tweeter might install them for me but would charge an additional ~$80 to do so since they aren't items purchased from them. I'm thinking the Germs might be worth an additional $80 in SQ and to go ahead and get them and hope they'll install them for me.

f*** the "BIG 3" me and my brother both have pretty **** good stereos with lots of power and we didnt do the "BIG 3" and it works perfectly fine stock alt and 1 interstate battery it works perfectly fine no problems the "BIG 3" is a waste of money

f*** the "BIG 3" me and my brother both have pretty **** good stereos with lots of power and we didnt do the "BIG 3" and it works perfectly fine stock alt and 1 interstate battery it works perfectly fine no problems the "BIG 3" is a waste of money
Yea but most people arent that fortunate.

BTW, what kind of "pretty **** good stereos" do you and your brother have?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.