Please help me decide on 6.5" component speakers

Which components?

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

eddie_93
10+ year member

Colorado
Going to run a set of 6.5" components bridged on my Alpine MRP-F240 (100x2@ 4 ohms).

Budget is strict $150. Waiting to deaden doors with my AT 60 mil until it gets warmer out.

So far my choices are:

Massive Audio CK6X

Hertz DSK 165

Image Dynamics CTX-6.5cs

Let me know if you have any better suggestions that aren't on the list. Looking for best bang for your buck with ability to get loud and have decent sq. Thanks for any input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Have 6 votes for "other" so far. What would everyone recommend under $150 that is not on the list? Really like the looks of the JBL MS-62C but at $180 it's slightly out of my price range. Looks like I'm going to go with the DSK 165's unless someone can recommend something better.

Have 6 votes for "other" so far. What would everyone recommend under $150 that is not on the list? Really like the looks of the JBL MS-62C but at $180 it's slightly out of my price range. Looks like I'm going to go with the DSK 165's unless someone can recommend something better.
If you're strictly under that then I vote CTXs. Hertz lower lines never have impressed me.....matter of fact nothing Hertz has to offer besides the Mille line is really impressive IMO.

As far as budget comps go, I've tried and auditioned a good few and I stand by the CTXs. I also liked Boston Acoustics but I'm not sure how easily they can be found now that they shut their car audio doors.

If you're strictly under that then I vote CTXs. Hertz lower lines never have impressed me.....matter of fact nothing Hertz has to offer besides the Mille line is really impressive IMO.
As far as budget comps go, I've tried and auditioned a good few and I stand by the CTXs. I also liked Boston Acoustics but I'm not sure how easily they can be found now that they shut their car audio doors.
Thanks alot for your help. Will do some research on the Boston's as well. Not really hearing anything negative about the CTX's so may go with those depending what deal I can find on them. Will let you guys know what I end up ordering.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...