Please help me choose which head unit to get?

johnpalley

CarAudio.com Newbie
Boston
I haven't bought a car stereo in years so I dont know alot about the tech out today. I want to connect my iPod and then be able to do a search and I want any song or artist that matches the search to come up. Then the playlist would only consist of what the search was for get what im saying? Similar to doing a search in iTunes on a mac when listening to music. What would be my options for stereos that do that? Im also gonna list other options I would like and rank them by there importance.

1. Search functionality for music on iPods.
2. The bigger and sleek the screen the better but I dont really want to go over 4-$500. Preferably 2-$300
3. Audio quality and power
4. Able to add a back camera at a later point. (Fyi this is not a dealbreaker)
5. Being able to see google navigation from a phone would be a plus but its also not a dealbreaker.

This is for a 2004 vw passat sedan

Thanks guys

Last edited:
I just picked up a Kenwood DMX706s. It does everything you asked for on Andriod so I assume it would do it on carplay!! Black Friday deal for 269, not bad for all the features it has. Does not play discs but who carries those any more!!!

I just picked up a Kenwood DMX706s. It does everything you asked for on Andriod so I assume it would do it on carplay!! Black Friday deal for 269, not bad for all the features it has. Does not play discs but who carries those any more!!!
Thats great appreciate the response. I just found something out that I think changes the question im asking. The device im trying to connect to this stereo was gonna be an iPod nano version 1.0.3. When I asked this question I didnt realize that I couldn't use the nano with apple CarPlay. So guys now that you know this, is it gonna be impossible to find a stereo with the type of search function im looking for to use with a nano? Sorry for the confusion guys

Also thanks for posting BCotrell

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.