Please help in choosing which subwoofer to go with...

ATN2DETAILING
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
BURBANK
Hello everyone,

I'm debating which subwoofer enclosure to go with:

JL AUDIO PRE-BUILT SUBWOOFER AND ENCLOSURES...

W7AE ProWedge CLS110RG-W7AE

W7AE ProWedge CLS112RG-W7AE

W7AE ProWedge CLS113RG-W7AE

OR

W7 ProWedge CLS110RG-W7

W7 ProWedge CLS112RG-W7

W7 ProWedge CLS113RG-W7

I want to choose a single enclosure and it's going to be powered by an Alpine PDX-M12

1200W RMS, PDX Series Monoblock Power Density Digital Amplifier. Regulated 1200 watts RMS from 1-4 ohms.

I listen to rock, trance, Spanish guitar, 80's, rap, and R & B...

Thank you in advance

ps please elaborate on your suggestions if possible and if you have a better "pre-built" set up from the factory please let me know.

I had a custom built IDQ V2 12" in a sealed bandpass box which sounded nice and tight but didn't move the amount of air I wanted it to... I've owned JL's in the past which everyone praised, has something happened to JL since a few years ago?

JL makes good subs but they are WAY OVERPRICED!!!!! I will put my 12" Ascendant Audio Havoc up against anything they make!!! Check into the Ascendant Audio Line or FI.........If you lived here in TN I could get you a 12" Havoc for about $350.00

basically you can buy better subs then the price you will pay for that w7 and that will blow u away

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Havoc-%252d12-D2-%E2%80%93Ascendant-Audio-12%22-1250W-Dual-2%252dOhm-Havoc-Series-Subwoofer.html

ICON-12 D2

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn154ecb148de0c11/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0030_Q/product_overview.shopscript

TC Sounds LMS-R 12" DVC Subwoofer 293-658

3 much better subs at this power range all sound amazing. fi is custom made to your request, and ssa are made right here in the us with us parts and are a much better sub, and the tc sounds is prob my fav out of all of them followed by the icon.

then if you want to step it up to the big boys for still cheaper

XCON-12 D2

TC Sounds Axis 12Q1 12" Quad VC Subwoofer 293-638

i bet the axis would be your best bet all around and would destroy the l7 in every way. have someone make you a real pretty box like pro-rabbit on here and really impress. i promise it will be much better then any jl with that axis.

and if you didnt order the alpine yet def cancel cause there are better options at 1 or 4 ohm with that axis for the price you paid for the alpine

the tc sound sis the way to go

TC Sounds Inc.

thilo designed millions of subs back in the day, just search for tc9+ famous and well sort after motor. the most amazing subs u can ever hear. that axis is beautifu and gets crazy loud

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.