Please help. Ford F-250 install

Codyb92

I have a Ford F-250 crew cab King ranch. Moved my back seat forward an inch and looking to install. Already have an amp(kenwood 1800w) just don't know what kind of subs to get. Been looking for a while and have came to the conclusion that my options are. 4 shallow 10's, 2 shallow 12's or 2 8 inch regular subwoofers. I've found some decent deals on used cvt 10's some used cvt 12's or some used American bass xd 8's with a 1000.1D amp. I was leaning forward the 8's because I figured if I built the ported box right behind my seat I would get the most bass. Just don't know if I'd even have enough room. Or just play it safe and get some shallows ? And if shallow. 4 10's and another amp ? Or my amp and 2 12's. Please help. New to forum try to post pics of the room I'm working with.

I have a Ford F-250 crew cab King ranch. Moved my back seat forward an inch and looking to install. Already have an amp(kenwood 1800w) just don't know what kind of subs to get. Been looking for a while and have came to the conclusion that my options are. 4 shallow 10's, 2 shallow 12's or 2 8 inch regular subwoofers. I've found some decent deals on used cvt 10's some used cvt 12's or some used American bass xd 8's with a 1000.1D amp. I was leaning forward the 8's because I figured if I built the ported box right behind my seat I would get the most bass. Just don't know if I'd even have enough room. Or just play it safe and get some shallows ? And if shallow. 4 10's and another amp ? Or my amp and 2 12's. Please help. New to forum try to post pics of the room I'm working with.
With the bench forward what's your top and bottom depth? I know the height is 15.5 and you can go 54" length for ported.

I would go with the 2 8s. If done right and the box is built to spec by CSCStang then they will sound great. Or if you want to get real unique 4-6 6.5 subs.

The bottom depth is about ten inches them gets smaller the higher u go. But my model has the window motor so yeah I have about 15 inches from bottom to top. But I feel like the only way I could run the eight is a downfire box. Which would be very difficult to build a down firing ported box at a slant

Go 2 SD-3 10's and get with CSCSTang.. He will fix you up on a box. What year F250? Here a 08 F250 4 door..

20150916_124613_zpspyula6lt.jpg

You can contact Underground Audio Styling in Florida. (941) 706-4000.. They make brackets for several model trucks to move the seat forward about 2 inches, or you could take your time and do like I did and drill new holes in the seat framing.. I moved my seat about 3/4 of an inch which was all I needed so my subs wouldn't rub the metal plate on the back of my seat. If I needed 2 inches or so.. I'd go with the brackets..

I did the same in my buddies f250 King cab. We moved the seat forward and did 2 zv4 10s in a tline behind the seat. Firing up I actually still have the box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.