Planet Audio Amplifiers

ok i think i found them and its a 160a i got not 150 but anyways heres a link. see if they got something for your honda bud. 92 95 New Honda Civic High Output Alternator 160 Amps | eBay
Like I said at the moment alternator replacement isn't in the cards but I think I just might save up some cash for one of these, have you done install? I usually do this stuff myself is it pretty straightforward

Like I said at the moment alternator replacement isn't in the cards but I think I just might save up some cash for one of these, have you done install? I usually do this stuff myself is it pretty straightforward
simple just take old one off and bolt new in. took me about 20 mins.

A friend of mine had a Planet Audio 1600 watt amp(forgot the model) and it made his subs pound pretty hard. I didn't see any problems but he could have done better

Most of the trouble it's going to give me is that my alt is buried and its power wire is wrapped in with a bunch of other wires
just add a bigger wire in place of the stock. run a bigger one from the alt straight to the battery. it will allow better amp flow

just add a bigger wire in place of the stock. run a bigger one from the alt straight to the battery. it will allow better amp flow
Yeah that's the plan what I was saying is that wire I need to replace is wrapped in insulation with about 10 other wires, not to mention its like buried underneath my engine

Yeah that's the plan what I was saying is that wire I need to replace is wrapped in insulation with about 10 other wires, not to mention its like buried underneath my engine
yea i remeber my friend had a honda and he changed his alt and it took him a bit because of were it was mounted

dont replace it just add another and use 1/0

dont replace it just add another and use 1/0
I didn't know you could do that but now that I think about it it makes sense. I've been told I should match my ga to whatever I'm running with my system (4ga) should I just use 0 anyway?

I didn't know you could do that but now that I think about it it makes sense. I've been told I should match my ga to whatever I'm running with my system (4ga) should I just use 0 anyway?
yep use 1/0...do big 3 with 1/0 and idk where your alt is but mine was right on top and was simple.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

boltdbz

10+ year member
boltdbz
Anchorage, AK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from