Planet Audio Amplifiers

What's everyone's opinion on Planet Audio Amplifiers? Do the put out their rated power? Are they efficient?
The big bang amps pretty close.... Probly around 2k rms..... I had a big bang when i did the score in my signature.

Bb2400. All the specs look decent and it gives rms ratings. But does it **** power?
It takes power to make power. As someone already said the bb amps are decent for the money. You are stressing the efficiency aspect too much, any ~2500 watt amp is going to need some sort of electrical upgrade to perform at it's full potential.

It takes power to make power. As someone already said the bb amps are decent for the money. You are stressing the efficiency aspect too much, any ~2500 watt amp is going to need some sort of electrical upgrade to perform at it's full potential.
I'm right there with ya, I just don't want to have to do more than the big three if its a power hog

I'm right there with ya, I just don't want to have to do more than the big three if its a power hog
To make full power you will need more than the big 3. If you get it you can set the gain lower to avoid a major drop in voltage, but you also won't see its full power. If you don't plan on upgrading your electrical go with a lower power and higher quality amp. Remember in a perfect world it takes DOUBLE the power to notice an increase in output.

To make full power you will need more than the big 3. If you get it you can set the gain lower to avoid a major drop in voltage, but you also won't see its full power. If you don't plan on upgrading your electrical go with a lower power and higher quality amp. Remember in a perfect world it takes DOUBLE the power to notice an increase in output.
So say I'm running one sub at 2 ohms, it'll be putting out 1600 at the most. If I turn the gain down just a little bit (and do the big three of course) do you think ill have issues?

So say I'm running one sub at 2 ohms, it'll be putting out 1600 at the most. If I turn the gain down just a little bit (and do the big three of course) do you think ill have issues?
pronly more like 900-1100 depending on voltage and IMP rise.... my friend clamped the one i had doing 987rms @ 2.9 ohms not sure on the voltage. your best best is to get a lower power higher quality amp like said above. it will benifit you more....

It depends on your stock alternator and battery. I ran ~1700 Rms and dipped into the low 12's, I added a second battery and now my voltage is pretty stable. This was all with the big 3 done of course.

It depends on your stock alternator and battery. I ran ~1700 Rms and dipped into the low 12's, I added a second battery and now my voltage is pretty stable. This was all with the big 3 done of course.
What kind of amperage was your alternator pushing? I think mine is doing~70

Planet audio amplifiers are garbage. They are incredibly inefficient amplifiers and dont do rated power. It sounds like you're looking for something that's more efficient, so I would stay far away from planet audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

boltdbz

10+ year member
boltdbz
Anchorage, AK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from