Pioneer X2600BT forgets USB database every time i turn off ignition

ostego

Hi,

I have a 32gb memory stick, with all of my itunes library on it connected to my X2600BT

I pressed the button on it to create the database from TAGS of the MP3s, and it takes about 5 minutes, then tells me it is complete and says it is saving it, and to not turn the car off whilst it saves... then tells me it is saved...

Then after i turn my car off and start it back up an hour later... it is saying I need to build the database....

I have gone through this process 3 times today now, so it is clearly something wrong with it retaining it's memory after the car is turned off.

This confuses me though, as it remembers the time, my phone's bluetooth connection, etc each time it starts up.... just for some reason it can't remember this database.

Does anyone know what is wrong, and how i can fix it?

It's about time Pioneer implemented the ability to save the music browser index. I wonder if that feature will ever make it to the deh-80prs?

As to your issue. Do you know if the index is saved to the memory of the head unit or is it saved to the USB device? To me it would make sense to save it to the USB device. That way you can have an index for each device. Maybe there is something wrong with the file system on your memory stick which is causing corruption in the index? I would try formatting the memory device on a pc and re-copy your media back to it. It probably requires it to be formatted as FAT32. If you're on a mac that is easy to do. For windows you'll need to use a third party program to do it. Google for fat32 formatter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.