pioneer vs premier

Premier models normally have a higher preamp output voltage than the corresponding "regular" Pioneer models and the factory parts and labor warranty for the Premiers is generally longer.

Not being a Pioneer user I can't offer any more specific differences than that as I simply do not know.

there the same price, which is why it confuses me. I would thought the premier would use higher quality parts. The reason i ask is the 780 is 275 and the pioneer is only 176 with my friends bestbuy discount. I really want the premier, but if there the same thing i could save 100 bucks.

If you can get a 7800MP for $176 brand new, jump on it, that's a really good deal on the HU considering it's generally $300+ online even. I'm assuming BB doesn't sell Pioneer Premier products which is why you can't get the 780MP at a discount?

The premier line has a 2 year waranty and the (non premier) pioneer line has a 1 year waranty. Pretty big difference. Go Premier and atleast you can say your extra money went toward another year of peace of mind.

i'm guessing he is getting the premier through ebay which is why it's the same price as the pioneer, which makes the warranty thing mute in this case. not too familiar with pioneer's current offerings, but the difference between the 860 and 8600 was preout voltage and the 860 had a 3-way crossover network. if the only difference between the 2 is preout voltage, go with the 7800

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.