Pioneer Vs. Premier - What's the Difference?

MonkeyBizIU1859
10+ year member

MOTHERF'IN' SNAKES
Okay, so I'm shopping around on a new head unit, and I finally find one I like, the Pioneer Premier DEH-960MP. Well, it seems like almost the exact same head unit is available from Pioneer for $100+ less. So, would I be getting someting extra with the Premier that makes it worth it, or just getting shafted? Thanks.

Premier has a longer warranty when purchased from an authorized dealer, and some premier units have higher pre out voltage. Just compare the 2 decks. You should be able to get all the info you need from Pioneer's website.

It is going to sound like someone just gave your deck an extra 2.5 volts. It will be a cleaner and stronger signal to the amps, and YES it makes a difference IMO. I had a premier 6.5 volt outut last year and went to an Alpine w/ 2volt and OMFG..it was as clear as night and day. Go the extra ducats if you can and go Premier, a few more feautres and its the top of the line from Pioneer.

It is going to sound like someone just gave your deck an extra 2.5 volts. It will be a cleaner and stronger signal to the amps, and YES it makes a difference IMO. I had a premier 6.5 volt outut last year and went to an Alpine w/ 2volt and OMFG..it was as clear as night and day.
Did you re-adjust the gains or just drop the Alpine in without re-adjusting anything?

Well, it's going from 4v to 6.5v. The features are identical, with the exception of the preouts. Honestly, it can't be that much different to be worth the extra $100+ I'd be paying for it, so I'm just going with the straight Pioneer instead.

Well, it's going from 4v to 6.5v. The features are identical, with the exception of the preouts. Honestly, it can't be that much different to be worth the extra $100+ I'd be paying for it, so I'm just going with the straight Pioneer instead.
Theres a fine line between what you need and what you want......I've made those same judgement calls in the past and was never happy until I got what I wanted-Its worth the extra $100 if having the best Pioneer has to offer is important to you

I almost got the 450MP premier instead of the regular DEH 4600, but i would have had to spend another $40 or $50 and i would have got another .8 volts for preout. meh.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.