Pioneer vs. Alpine

DraKhen99
10+ year member

USA
Alright. I don't want to start a flame war but here is my dilemma:

A friend of mine is a fan of Alpine head units, and I have always had Pioneer, and liked them.

My question is this: objectively, is Alpine better than Pioneer, or is Pioneer better.

The two head units I am basically flip-flopping between right now are the Alpine 7894 and the Pioneer DEH-P940MP. I want MP3 playback, CD/CD-R/CD-RW, as well as a nice FM tuner [i listen to the radio alot] and possibly XM, should it become wildly popular [it isn't too popular here on the East Coast yet].

Thanks for any advice/help!

for the price the alpine is hard to beat...the 8400 pioneer is sweet but 120 more than the 'pine the 940 is a premiere which costs more than a regular pioneer...depends really both are great

Alpine All the way!1 I had many friends with problems with Pioneer and the fact that they are just way to overpriced for what you get. I have always been a major Clarion Junkie but, have since started Leaning towards Alpine. I have a Clarion 7575 and have no Problems and I had the Previous model as well also with great luck. I bought my Brother the Alpine 7875. It completely changed my look on Alpine. I'm going with Alpine with my new truck. (Once I get it of course) I'm going with the DVD 7" Monitor Deck. and a complete Audio Bahn line of Subs, Interiors , Amps, Caps, and Streetwires wiring throughout. This should prove quit outstanding once all is done. I'm just going to do all at once. I have learned my lesson with doing a little by little. It *****. You never get what you want and you have to take your car or truck apart a million times. By the time your done you have completely different components then when you planned it and your car squeeks like a bastard because all the panels are loose.

Sorry for the ramble but, i take my car audio seriously!

"Do it once! Do it right!"

Aright I just purchased the pioneer deh8400mp. it is nuts. I cant imagine anything better then it. You can get it for 368 at etronics.com What a sick deal, they sell it at best buy for 520. Anyway I have had 0 problems with it and it has those nutty displays. like dolphins and spaceships and ****. I got 2 Image dynamic 12's powered by a usamps 600x. madd power. the unit will not skip. I had a eclipse 55060 and this pioneer eats it alive.

Cool! Glad your happy with that Unit. I still think the Alpines or Clarions will tear them apart. Not to mention they have way more features and Expandabilty. I still perfer the Sound Quality over Pioneer as well. Plus, I think the $400 is a little extreme. You can get the Clarion DXZ825 for around $250. Comes with Screensavers as well, plus, the better looking set up, Motorized Face and CeNet upgradabilty. Pioneer can't compare.

But, hey everyone has there own taste.

have you ever seen the 8400? it makes what you just call "great" look like not much and it does what those do and plays mp3....alpine isnt all that i'll take my c-90 with the dpx 4000 and run it up against the over priced f1 series anyday and f1 still is nowhere near the z-50.....and pioneer odr is pretty sweet s well

do you know what f1 is? do you know what 20 bit dac's are? how about mp3? capability to control an out board processor? i believe the 8400 can do all the above minus the f1 and 20 bit dacs which is like the other decks so far mentioned....

OK Smart guy.

the New Alpine and Clarion are 24 bit.

MP3 isn't even that cool. there is to much delay between songs. Better off just making CD-R's.

The Pioneers have no abilty to Hook up up Multiple Changers, signal Processors, TV Tuners, DVD, and have all functions wright in the unit.

the f1 is 24 bit like my sony only diff is sony uses quad 20 bit burr browns then into a crystal 24 bit =) and the majority of the people dont and wont get multichangers, why get an indash unit then a monitor? they have the player and screen built all together..last time i knew dvd players played cd lmao.. and if memory serves me correct any p buss can hook up to the eq 9200, and things can be linked via the p busses of pioneers. have you ever heard of odr? pioneer odr is all digital domain sound with fiber optic stuff .....pioneer had this while alpines big gun was still the 7909 which had no fiber optic out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.