Pioneer vs alpine?

JamesKarr
10+ year member

Swagga Like Wat?!
if your looking for ipod speed go with the Alpine. If your not using it mainly for ipod use I would go with the Pioneer.

well that alpine only plays ipod no cds or anything... I would probably get the pioneer, but if you want a comparable alpine, get like the 9886, it plays cd's, and is going to be much better for iPod

well that alpine only plays ipod no cds or anything... I would probably get the pioneer, but if you want a comparable alpine, get like the 9886, it plays cd's, and is going to be much better for iPod

HAHA wow I did not know that! Looks like Im keeping what I have

I had the pioneer premier 880 headunit top of the line. I now have the alpine 9886 and i'm here to tell you the sound quality is much better. Pioneers tend to have a more warmer sound to them. The Alpine are really clean and the highs are airy and crisp where as the pioneer have a duller sound to them. Pioneer's are good headunits also. I just prefer the sound quality of the alpine better. Either way you can't go wrong though.

i use to use pioneer.ive had a really good one bout 6 yrs ago.when i upgraded to the alpine,even though i really didnt need to.i was very impressed with every thing about it.i will never look back again.the alpines really sound good and have alot of ass if you get the right one.the only thing that dissapoints me about the newer alpines is the color change.

The new pioneer's arn't any better though.
Almost temped to go try those fancy new jvc's out

Dude, im in the same boat haha.

On of my friends just got one of these http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16843

And i have never seen anything like it for the price.

I picked up an alpine 9886 and like it BETTER than my pioneer 880prs, it just feels sturdier and i like the display better..

Also, the kenwood excelons are very nice

Yea, I had a pioneer 6800mp, which I LOVED. Then I got this alpine (A 9885 I think, check the sig) and although I have to admit, it does sound better, and feel ALOT sturdier, and look alot cleaner, I still like the pioneer more. More options, and more features that means more to me. I love the pause and mute on the alpine, great for bassracing, but just not there yet. Display is a little dissapointing, not as crisp as the pio, and no where near the amount of display features (really miss the volt meter). Biggest dissapointment of this alpine is that it has a 2-band eq. Has low, and highs. Gotta spend another $200 for the spectrum analizer, which is ********, to unlock the other options................

Next hu will NOT be an alpine/pioneer. Eclipse, jvc, or kenwood

Edit:

And, the pioneer had hpf/lpf filters for all three sets of rca's (active capable), where this alpine just has hpf for the front, and thats it (no lpf for substage...). Which is a HUGE factor for me. I'll be honest, it still sounds as good/better than the pioneer did, even with the options, but I hate not having them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.