Pioneer TS-C132PRS / TS-C172PRS: Best active Crossover Points ?

Participant count
  • Participants list

bideru

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, this is Christian.

I need your help with the 2-way Pioneer speaker systems TS-C132PRS and TS-C172PRS.

In Germany Pioneer Car audio components are not so polular and because of that I can´t get the information I needed. I hope someone of you can.....

I want to run these Speakers with an active crossover (Linkwitz-Riley, 24 dB) for a front system.
The original passive crossover from Pioneer has a crossover point about 1900 Hz. In my opinion this is very low. I only found a russian test of the 172PRS and a review at Crutchfield ("tends to muddy up the upper-end vocals when at higher volume. I suspect this is why the crossover transitions to the tweeter around 2,000 Hz. ...the tweeter is crossed over so low in the passive crossover that it can get a bit stressed....)

I don´t know if it´s important, the speakers will be installed in a Mercedes C-Class (W202), Tweeters positon: A pillar.

Can you tell me the best crossover point for each of the systems ?

Thank you yery much !!!

Best regards from Germany
Christian

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...