Pioneer to discontinue Premier Brand

Rich B
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Long Beach, CA – As part of a new unified brand strategy focused on leveraging the strength of the Pioneer® brand worldwide, Pioneer will discontinue manufacturing all Pioneer Premier® branded products and the Mobile Entertainment Business Group of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. will cease distributing Pioneer Premier branded products in the U.S. by December 2009. Pioneer will continue to offer a full portfolio of audio, video and navigation automotive-electronic products under the Pioneer brand, a globally recognized brand that is synonymous with innovative, high-technology and high-performance consumer-electronic products.

Ted Cardenas, Director of Marketing, Mobile Entertainment Business Group Stated, “The consolidation of all automotive-electronic products under the Pioneer brand will eliminate brand dilution, establish coherent product positioning and alleviate consumer confusion in the marketplace. Also, this consolidation enables Pioneer to streamline production, maximize manufacturing efficiency, and allow for a greater focus on developing the advanced technologies and innovative products that differentiate Pioneer from its competitors.” Cardenas continued, “In addition to giving the retail channel exciting new products that meet the needs of the automotive-electronic consumer, Pioneer remains committed to helping its dealers promote their businesses.”

Pioneer continually supports and engages their dealer base. The RoadShow and Build-Off this past June in San Diego showcased systems installed by selected Pioneer dealers developed around new products targeting the needs of today’s consumer. New marketing initiatives like FitFotos, that enables consumers to see what real world installations look like, are tools Pioneer has developed for their 12volt retailers to use to educate, build demand and enhance the retail shopper’s experience.

On-demand printing applications, which allow retailers to order the promotional materials they need in real time, is another example of Pioneer addressing a changing marketplace by utilizing new technology.

MEL (mobile electronics live), in a matter of a couple short years, has become many Pioneer retailers best friend as it keeps them connected to their peers and up to date with the latest Pioneer tech info and news.

An ongoing schedule of in the field training workshops helps Pioneer dealers stay on top of the latest product information and applications. Upcoming workshops in Dallas-November 10th and San Antonio-November 11th will be extremely informative and fast paced.

Plan now to attend CES 2010 to see Pioneer’s expanded product lineup and global marketing strategy for the future.

http://www.12voltnews.com/?p=8236

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.