Pioneer SW2501S2 (& are the specs true?!), Alpine SWRT10 or Phoenix Gold SL10D2 ??

10" Slim Sub with best bass extension / SPL in a small sealed enclosure?

• Pioneer TS-SW2501S2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alpine SWRT10

• Phoenix Gold SL10D2

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

Boson21
10+ year member

UK
I have another thread looking for subs with a MD of less than 5", but with what I have at the moment the following 3 drivers are coming tops for me;

• Pioneer TSSW2501S2
  • Alpine SWRT10
  • Phoenix Gold SL10D2

Modelling using WINISD and manufacturers spec puts the Pioneer way ahead of anything else in terms of bass extension and SPL. I'm struggling to believe it is really that good as paper figures only tell one story and I didn't have Pioneer down as the 'ultimate sub manufacturer' (sorry, no offence Pioneer just I had their speaks as middle-of-the-road at best in my head). Anyway, any insight on real life use (especially in small 18l or so sealed enclosures with relatively low power driving them - AKA 200W or so), and sound quality of these units would be useful. Equally if anyone has measured these and have independent Thiele/Small values that would be great too.

The Alpines don't look hugely impressive when modelled, but I've had a lot of firm support for the drivers and many have said they are the best 10" slim...??

Finally, the Phoenix Gold SL10's - again model really well but found no real-world insight and to be honest hadn't even heard of the manufacturer until researching this so any input / feedback would be great...

I've added a poll just to canvas opinion on these 3 drivers...

No I hadn't but just modelled three 10" Daytons (including the slim / shallow mount and none look impressive on paper (all three of the above go lower?) - figures are only one part of the story and how they actually sound / perform is a lot more important - did you have a model in mind or can you provide and specific feedback as to what I could expect from one installed in an 18l sealed enclosure?

I'm not looking for the impossible and don't desire really deep / powerful bass either - just looking for something that will add further extension to the mid-bass / bass drivers in the rear quarters that get down close to 50Hz at reasonable SPL...

Thanks for the reply //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'd trust daytons T/S parameter to be more accurate than the car audio compaies you listed. Also, since you not looking to huge SPL or super low bass the daytons will likely do a better job for your app as SQ should be better. Several Dayton units have been put on klippels and T/S are always accurate and distortion is VERY low for the money..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...