Pioneer Subwoofers issue with true sensitivity TS-W310S4

Participant count
  • Participant list

TSX2TDI

US
I recently bought a pioneer sub which said 95db sensitivity (1watt 1 meter).

After I buy and open the box it said 95db sensitivity (Inside car). Why would they measure inside car Do you know any manufacturer who measures it inside car and doesn't tell consumer on website?

Since car can easily add 8-15db to a speaker. I think pioneer is giving misleading information about their subwoofers to consumers.

Also they confuse the consumer more, they dont write SPL in freq response curve (link at end), they measured freq response curve outside car in a standard way and falsely boosted their sensitivity by measuring it in car. And you only know the reality after to buy and open the box.

What do you guys think?

I did not even bother trying this sub, got it for $70 I returned it and bought JL 12w3v3 for $180 instead.

s12.postimage.org/7xjeapmnh/piotsw310s4b.jpg

Thisis some serious conversation about subs not promoting JL or anything here. We all know JL is good thou.

Sensitivity is so important because 3db in sensitivity means 2 times more power. Its to harrd to get 2 times more power using good amp and u have to move from 8 to 4 gauge wire n stuff.

Pioneer n these companies are trying to mislead consumers.

Here is my Advice

1 watt / Meter is apple to apple comparison GOLD STANDARD

2.83volts / Meter at 8ohm is apple to apple comparison

2.83volts / Meter at 4ohm is apple to apple comparison if you subtract 3db because it becomes 2 watts/meter

2.83volts / Meter at 2ohm is apple to apple comparison if you subtract 6db

2.83volts / Meter at 1ohm is apple to apple comparison if you subtract 9db

Warning with Dual coils company will usually list spec in parallel connection of coils. Please feel free to ask for details.

12" can end up sounding 2 times more loud than 10" due to better sensitivity...3db.. and may be even more deep. Sensitivity tends be lose meaning at higher power and watts as it increases.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.