Pioneer PRS or Focal VR Components

Id chose the PRS..i own the 6.5" set and i love it..im sending mine 100w rms..they play well..i am amazed by the sq. of course its my first pair of components. but now i kno why i should spend more money on speakers and amp rather then sub

I've ran both and personally like the Focals a tad bit better. The tweeters are very delicate though on the Focal set so be careful with it. But the pioneers can handle more power then they are rated for....Also why get 5.25's? Build an MDF Baffle and get the 6.5s if you can fit it!

The PRS sound bad without a dedicated amp to run them. I though I could get away with getting the 720PRS set then building the sub stage then investing in amps for the front stage, but that is definitely the wrong order to do things.

Def the prs, i have heard a couple sets of these and feel the overall sound quality is amazing. If i didn't already have my JL's i would have got these in a heart beat. they will be my next set of speakers for sure.

Altho, i haven't heard focals so im biased. sorry

I was feeding my pioneers (720's) 150w a side and they weren't real happy about it. I'd say up to about 100 a side they'd be fine. They did sound good at lower volumes and had a healthy bottom end to them. When pushed, they fell apart, vocals distorted badly and you could hear they were really struggling. Replaced mine with alpine spx pros after 3 weeks. For $250.00 a pr they're ok, just not for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.