pioneer premier deh-p840mp problems

calvinweav

i've had my pioneer premeir with a motorized face for about 2 years now, and it finally quit on me, but i don't know why.

it started when i would turn my car on, the face would flip open, but it wouldn't power on and none of the buttons would work. so i would turn my car off then on, not giving the face time to close, and it would power up fine. as long as the face was open when the car was turned on, it would power up.

i figured there might be something wrong, so i reset the thing, and now it does nothing. the face won't flip open unless the car is turned off. (its a warning that you haven't removed the face yet, if you want to) none of the buttons work at all.

i've checked all my fuses and have checked the accesory and power line and everything is fine.

it ***** because: #1, i have no music; #2 i have no warranty cuz i bought it on ebay; #3, i have no music; #4, there are no decent repair shops that i know of in lafayette, indiana; and, #5, I HAVE NO MUSIC.

this *****. help me.

thanks.

Dont be sure that you do not have warranty. Premier models come with a 2 yr warranty. I also bought mine from a store on ebay, they sent me a sales receipt which was my proof of purchase. I first called pioneer and they told me that if the receipt shows that the unit is not yet 2 yrs old, i was covered. So i found a local authorized pioneer service center(go to pioneer website and look for one there) Well they repaired it for free. They gave me a new p900r faceplate. So look into that, i know Pioneers crap out after going up and down so much, they have a little ribbon between the main unit and the faceplate that wears out over time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.