Pioneer Premier components?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have the 720PRS comps, and they sound beautiful. The midbass is insane, although each midbass alone weighs 4.5 lbs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif, and my doors are fully deadened/sealed with Damplifier Pro.

I was powering them with a JL 300/2, and they sounded GREAT. Now I'm powering them with the front channels of a NINe.5 and they sound AMAZING.

Some regard the highs as being harsh, but I disagree. They are very smooth, and if they are harsh to your ears, you can always EQ them.

Best $250 I've ever spent on car audio, bar-none.

I highly recommend them. A Sundown SAX-100.2 or Elemental Designs NINe.2 would work wonders for them.

Hope that helped.

What do you think of the Boston Acoustics Pro60 . Not trying to thread jack. Sorry, just have a few questions. I really need to get a component set that has some power and is great.

I have the 720PRS comps, and they sound beautiful. The midbass is insane, although each midbass alone weighs 4.5 lbs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif, and my doors are fully deadened/sealed with Damplifier Pro.
I was powering them with a JL 300/2, and they sounded GREAT. Now I'm powering them with the front channels of a NINe.5 and they sound AMAZING.

Some regard the highs as being harsh, but I disagree. They are very smooth, and if they are harsh to your ears, you can always EQ them.

Best $250 I've ever spent on car audio, bar-none.

I highly recommend them. A Sundown SAX-100.2 or Elemental Designs NINe.2 would work wonders for them.

Hope that helped.
Are you running them active, if so great, if not you think you like them now. Lose the passive crossover and watch them really come to life. Cross them around 3.5khz and up and you will be rewarded with sonic bliss.

Not saying to sound bad with the passive crossover, because to sound better with it then most set twice the price, but it is the weakest link in that set. It is not up the build quality of the drivers used. I guess to had to cut covers somewhere to keep the cost down and I'm glad they did. It makes some of the best drivers you can find anywhere more accessible to the masses

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.