Pioneer Premier Champion Series Pro Ts-w3001 Anyone?

IMG_3271.jpg

sound pretty good, but dont get nearly as loud as a type R in the same price range
i think they're more comparable to to type Xs cuz i retired my type r with this weapon

kenwood excelon

alpine mrv-1507

premier champion series pro

Very comparable to the Type R. Not at all comparable to a Type X.

They are great budget subs and I wouldn't necessarily give the Type R any more credit. However, if you are planning on keeping these sealed, keep looking. They are not designed for sealed applications and will dissapoint you if you decide to go that route.

Crunch, according to the manual for my 2000SPL's, recommended box volume does include speaker displacement. I would assume it would be the same for these.

IMG_3271.jpg

sound pretty good, but dont get nearly as loud as a type R in the same price range
Surprised you would say that.

I have had both setups and hell even the lower line of Pioneer subs and my w-205subs got as loud as my Type R's. Did a 141.2 on the Pioneers and 144 with the R's with quite a bit more power, but the Pioneers sounded better and remember this is the lower line.

Me and my buddy did an expierment sometime ago, well couple years now and he had just put in the 3001's in his Envoy and said these things beat! I didn't believe him and he came over and they were loud as fawk! Put my type R's in his truck and told him to be careful on the gain and he put them in and night and day difference, even though we used his box, which believe it or not was closer to specs on the type R as they were to the Premiers, lol! Sounded so much better on his Premiers. I asked where he had the gains and he said he forgot to adjust them.........Also 2 years later, he is still beating on them and has had it metered on a TL a couple months back and did a 148.9 off the 2000rms Mmats amp, and sounds so clean and accurate! I actually may end up buying his subs here soon..........maybe.

I have a car though to his Envoy, so I know I won't get the sound like he does from his Envoy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Very comparable to the Type R. Not at all comparable to a Type X.
They are great budget subs and I wouldn't necessarily give the Type R any more credit. However, if you are planning on keeping these sealed, keep looking. They are not designed for sealed applications and will dissapoint you if you decide to go that route.
x2... Great subs!

Surprised you would say that.
I have had both setups and hell even the lower line of Pioneer subs and my w-205subs got as loud as my Type R's. Did a 141.2 on the Pioneers and 144 with the R's with quite a bit more power, but the Pioneers sounded better and remember this is the lower line.

Also 2 years later, he is still beating on them and has had it metered on a TL a couple months back and did a 148.9 off the 2000rms Mmats amp, and sounds so clean and accurate! I actually may end up buying his subs here soon..........maybe.
Nice scores!! Pioneer FTW!

I tried one of those in a 2cubes@32hz box with a mtx2300x giving it like 800watts and it was loud and low... great subs for the price!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.