Pioneer Premier 860 HU Owners

HeadyNuggz
10+ year member

NEPA
I'm about to order this, except i read a review that stated it is very sensitive when playing burned cd's and will skip very easily if there is even the slightest scratch on the disc. Anyone who has one of these ever had this problem?

my g/f had the 840 which i believe is just the previous yr. model for premier and that thing never ever skipped unless we hit a huge bump.. Read mp3/wma files,cd-r,cd-rw with ease... No problems at all reading any cds

mine does that. it never ever skiped on bumps.

but it does if the CD is not perfectly clean.

i still need to try to clean the lens. might solve it who knows.

You guys did something to your deck cause mine hasn't skipped once since I got it. And all my cds are burned to prevent theft. triple lazer, is very high quality. Buy in confedance, Premier is just as good if not better than any other brand all the way around.

"You guys did something to your deck cause mine hasn't skipped once since I got it"

well , mine is only 1 month old. and it was like that from day one

than that is a one in a million manufacture error, send it back. Even ebay gives you a couple week return, if it wasn't reading right from day one. And if you bought it used, what do you expect. People don't get rid of 2003-4 models for nothing.

who said i got it used ???? and who said its not reading right ?

i just said its more sensitive then expected to dirt on CDs or scratches.

i really doubt its one in a million manufactory err.

that's remind me another thread here that someone already suggested that the whine problem i had was from the H/U RCA and i should return it (wasnt the RCA's).

i bet all the 860 are the same , and they a bit more sensitive just like mine.

besides, i'm extremely happy with it . why should i return ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.