Pioneer Navigation Questions...

Participant count
  • Participant list
I dont know if there is a difference, I think its just that the safty is linked to the gyro, so it knows wwhen your moving. But that could be bypassed

hmm cause ive read a couple reviews about the N1 having worst navi compared to the n2 and the only thing i could think of is the gyro having an effect

i bet it depends in the area. . i love my D1. but the navi in my area kinda blows. 50-100 feet off usually. i test it in my area. but like. i f i wasn't from around here.. i would be lost sometimes. but then some other times.. for me..its right on. so it could depend on the place I'm going. i know usually for residential places it gets me to the street. not the exact house.

but other places i bet its pin point accurate. i hear about how great it is from others. There are new map disks coming out. so hopefully it will help.

They use Tele atlas maps, lots of in car navs use as well. Other big brand of maps is Navteq. i hear goods and bad about them too. so i think it depends nt he software. not the unit. especially the n1 vs n2 vs n3. they are practically the same unit. and maybe the people that said the n1 had bad nav..could of had the old map disks too.

in bigger cities, my nav is right on. when i go to sioux city, i go to my bro's house, and it tells me i arrived at the end of his driveway. here in brookings, it thinks i live about 75 yards the opposite direction. I should call PIO and see if there is a way to make the adjustment.

in bigger cities, my nav is right on. when i go to sioux city, i go to my bro's house, and it tells me i arrived at the end of his driveway. here in brookings, it thinks i live about 75 yards the opposite direction. I should call PIO and see if there is a way to make the adjustment.
do you have the n1 or n2?

well for the most part u sound fairly happy with it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Is the N1 mod with the e-brake?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.