Pioneer HU Vs Kenwood Ect. Picco Fuse Issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

audiobaun
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA
Question I have is, Has Poineer resolved the Blowing of the Picco Fuse issue with the newer most recent HUs? I do hot swapping /and testing on amps while in operation in the vehicles and havent had any issues with my older Eclipse units or older and recent Kenwoods and Alpines,and older Sonys.I know that they had issues withthe Picco Fuse issues with the Pioneers as I did experience with an 80 PRS,(havent taken the time to repair yet but will).Im in the market for a new/newer unit and liking the features and pricing of the Pioneers but concerned with that P.Fuse issue.Thoughts as well as experiencing please.Thanks

No clue but I have never had an issue. I never hot swap though. I think i've had 5 pioneers, 3 Alpines, 1 Sony, and 1 Kenwood.

Thing I hate about pioneer is the 62 volume level... Takes forever to turn up and down. 45 would be plenty IMO.

No clue but I have never had an issue. I never hot swap though. I think i've had 5 pioneers, 3 Alpines, 1 Sony, and 1 Kenwood.

Thing I hate about pioneer is the 62 volume level... Takes forever to turn up and down. 45 would be plenty IMO.
Man.. appreciate the Info...I swapp out amps quite a bit, Have an 80prs that i had sent in due to a set of bad RCAs and hooked back up to find nothing but Static noise I never could get rid of. Sent in to have repaired Pico Blew. Sold it afterwards.I think Ill stick with other brands to be on safe side.Thanks man

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.