Pioneer Head Unit Problem

CamryMTX
10+ year member

I have a DEH-4000UB head unit. This thing has been awesome for the last month. Tonight i took my amps out and cleaned up all the wireing. Now when i put everything back i go to play music and the subs are on even when the sub output is off on head unit. When i turn the output on subs get a little louder. When i unplug sub preamps my 4 door speakers sound really weird to where voices are low and piano and **** are really loud? I dont know WTF is going on and getting pissed about it. any idea's whould be great. By chance head unit went bad? i dont see how but i am confused for the first time on this..... it's probly something stupid.

I doubled checked that 3 times. made sure i had SW to sw amp and other 2 to my 4 channle and still does it. i even used diff RCA's directly from head unit over the seat to the amp in case i was getting interferance. and still this crap is going on

does that deck have 3 sets of pre-outs? the rear output might have reset itself to fullrange....
Yes it does, And I have it set to full range. I tried SW but that doesnt give me all 3 outputs like i want them. Tried both modes and doesnt work like it did 30 min prior to what i did

If it went bad before you redid your wiring i would say yea could be a bad h/u. You either have RCAs wrong or dont have something set right. Make sure you subwoofer outputs are being used for your subwoofer and that they are set for subwoofer not rear full pass.

I pulled the Fuse for the amps when i started moving stuff.
Yes, but your deck still had power going to it when you were disconnecting the amps. I'm not saying that made something happen but these newer Pioneer decks very sensitive to even the smallest short.

Yes, but your deck still had power going to it when you were disconnecting the amps. I'm not saying that made something happen but these newer Pioneer decks very sensitive to even the smallest short.
hmm, Interesting. Then Pioneer went to nice to POS. Still trying to rule out if its the headunit for sure.

Swap aruond your rca's.
I know how the RCA's are supposed to be plugged up. And it is correct. And tried every possible way to swap them even took new RCA's and ran them directly from Head unit over the seat to the amp so there was no interferance by power or anything and still cant seem to shut off audio to the sub amp. and door speakers sound like **** for some reason also...

hmm, Interesting. Then Pioneer went to nice to POS. Still trying to rule out if its the headunit for sure.
Well they're still nice sounding and looking headunits. But Pioneer has this stupid pico fuse that blows very easily. It's for the protection of the head unit in the event of a short but as I'm sure you've heard blows a little too easily.

I know how the RCA's are supposed to be plugged up. And it is correct. And tried every possible way to swap them even took new RCA's and ran them directly from Head unit over the seat to the amp so there was no interferance by power or anything and still cant seem to shut off audio to the sub amp. and door speakers sound like **** for some reason also...

Have you tried resetting the deck?? I would do that just so you have a fresh start. Then set it up again like you did when you first installed it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.