pioneer h/u problems !!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Isuzu95
10+ year member

I have a Pioneer deh-p8400mp since last May... Today, I sat in my car and it wouldn't power up, it did for a second then shut off.. several times... so I opened up to check all the wiring and fuses, all were intact... my changer is powering up so i know the power is working and i tested the ground, remote and ignition wire and they all seem to be working...

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ! !

I'd say it's hooped. If you've only had it since may you should still have warranty so take it back and they should either fix or replace for nothing.

I'd give pioneer a call...that same kinda thing happened to a friend of mine...and they ended up giving him another one.

(I don't remember exactly, but it had something to do with the metal case the cd player sat in, shorting out or something)

well i had the same problem w/ my brothers old car when i installed it in his car.....well....it turned out that the h/u was drawing to much current for the system.....i just put in a larger fuse......only way i could see this being the problem is if you have added alot of other things to your system recently and your h/u is no longer getting enough power....but im not thinking this is going to be the case.....sorry

Thanks for the advice. I don't know if my system is drawing too much current but i'll try a higher fuse... if not, i guess i'll take it back to pioneer... It's acting odd though, because now it powers up, but when I open the dual face, or eject a CD it shuts off... I guess it could be a defect or something..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.