Pioneer GM8704 or Zapco ST4D

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
This is not a vs thread. I ordered a refurb RD400/4 and it was literally DOA so I’m in the process of a return (website says they won’t refund if it has been installed so we will see what counts as install). I went ahead and purchased a used Zapco ST4D and also a new Pioneer GM8704. Just curious as to which one y’all would run?

It will be powering the ID CXS 64 set active but hopefully I’ll be able to upgrade to Audiofrog GS line down the road. The amp I don’t use in my Mustang install will go in my truck. First time going active btw

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
the pioneer dynos at 4ohms at 130+ per channel doesn’t it? Anyone know what the zapco dynos at. Rated at 100x4 on interweb and msrp’ed for over triple price the pioneer. I’d take the pioneer in any install

fithwheel

Dec 8, 2017
indiana
The zapco it's prettier
Isn't it rated @ 160x4 @ 4ohms?
Idk I'd probably try them both and see if there's a noticeable difference in sq.

OP
Clifff150

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Pioneer dyno was like 115-125 per channel so definitely underrated. The Zapco is rated at 100x4. Here is a link to the one I purchased Zapco. The pioneer will get in Thursday and I don’t think the Zapco has shipped yet so knowing me I’ll put the Pioneer in right away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest posts

Latest classifieds