Pioneer DEH-P8400BH Voice recognition issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

din758

Whats up guys and girls.

Im new to the site and just got a quick question, hopefully someone can help me. Pretty simple actually, but this stuff isnt my forte.

Im trying to queue the "voice recognition dial" function and i cant get it to work. In the manual it just says to hold the "band" button until it queues but when I do that it just switches between AM/FM1/etc.

Wondering if it is just something in the settings I need to change but cant get it.

Any help would be appreciated.

as far as i know. phone is a samsung infuse. now that i think about it though i use the google voice search widget to use it. that widget can call and text people in my contact list, and also find phone numbers online and automatically call the number.

ya, after looking on the samsung website i think you may have found the problem. the specs doesnt say that it has voice recognition, which probably means it doesnt. ****..

I think the replies here are a bit misguided. I had the same question since I just purchased the DEH-P8400BH and couldn't figure it out myself. So I called customer service and they informed me that the part of the manual describing the voice dial was for P7400 with a bluetooth adapter. Very unfortunate, since Pioneer didn't make this clear in the manual. So, in short, the problem was not your phone, but was actually Pioneer's manual falsely advertising voice dial for the P8400.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

din758

din758
Detroit
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
321liftoff