Pioneer DEH-P5000UB

Participant count
  • Participant list

Americanstrat21
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Do you think that this is a good head unit for the price? I am looking for a new head unit to put in my jimmy.... I have the stock in right now, I just picked up the car. I am also looking for new speakers to put in.. looking for 6 1/2" speakers! I will be powering 1 15" DD 9515 if that is of any help!!

Thanks!

I just installed a 6000UB which is the same with the exception of the display and the 6000 has 7eq bands as opposed to 3 for the 5000. So far I love it. I havn't tried it with my ipd yet so I can't comment on that but everything else seems to be good. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I installed a pioneer HD tuner with it as well and that sounds awsome.

The HD tuner is to pick up and decode HD radio signals. Mine cost me $70 with my radio. If you listen to alot of radio it is probably worth picking up. If not than I would skip it. Also I got a chance to hook my ipod up to the deck and it works flawlessly. The controls for the ipod through the deck are great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Americanstrat21

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Americanstrat21
Rockford, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date