Pioneer DEH-6100bt vs. Alpine CDE-102

Participant count
  • Participant list

DoubleT
10+ year member

dallas
Hey guys, I just recently had a system overhaul on my car. New amp, new speakers, etc. I've been using an old Clarion stereo but I think it's about to die soon. There's been a lot of static lately. And two audio stores both attributed it to my head unit. So I pretty much decided to upgrade to a newer one.

Now the guy at the store seemed very trust worthy. He said that the main piece to having great sound is having a good head unit. Now I've never heard that before but it does make perfect sense. So I just wanted to run this through you guys before I made a decision.

Now I pretty much have a choice between a Pioneer DEH-6100bt and an Alpine CDE-102. The pioneer is 289.99 and the alpine is 149.99. Now the guy said they both come with the same features but there would be a drastic increase in sound quality (compared to the alpine) if i went with the pioneer. Again the whole "you get what you pay for" spiel is what got me.

What do you guys think? Do you think it'd be worth it to go ahead and shell out the extra money for the pioneer? It has bluetooth funcionalities too. But that doesn't interest me that much.

Thanks in advance!

listen to em side by side with the EQ flat. compare the voltage of the preouts on each. i think that pioneer is 4v. ive got i think its the PEH-4000BU or something, cant find the receipt right now, but the sq is great and i likes all the features. but im a firm believer in CDs and this one has a really hard time playing through even the littlest of scratches. my '02 pioneer was amazing but i left in the car i totalled last year.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DoubleT

10+ year member
DoubleT
dallas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from