pioneer decks are dumb

Participant count
  • Participant list
What's up John Kuthe John Kuthe? Still have that Leaf? Any problems with it?
Well, could MAYBE use new tires, but other than putting blue juice in (windshield wiper juice) and air in the tires, nothing!

Still has too damn many buttons thought! I've put on about 25,000 miles on her. ZERO gasoline! None! I got an 18 month email from my Nissan dealer to about maybe time to "service" it! ZERO gasoline in 18 months! Imagine the MONEY and ENVIRONMENT I've saved!

John Kuthe...

Well, could MAYBE use new tires, but other than putting blue juice in (windshield wiper juice) and air in the tires, nothing!

Still has too damn many buttons thought! I've put on about 25,000 miles on her. ZERO gasoline! None! I got an 18 month email from my Nissan dealer to about maybe time to "service" it! ZERO gasoline in 18 months! Imagine the MONEY and ENVIRONMENT I've saved!

John Kuthe...
The Nissan Leafs when first introduced were being recalled due to type of Lithium chemistry they used. Well maybe not recalled, but they were prematurely degrading their own cells. They also assembled them without thermal management or lack there of if I understand it right...

Hopefully by now Nissan have poured a little RnD into their Think Green plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nissan Leafs when first introduced were being recalled due to type of Lithium chemistry they used. Well maybe not recalled, but they were prematurely degrading their own cells. They also assembled them without thermal management or lack there of if I understand it right...

Hopefully by now Nissan have poured a little RnD into their Think Green plan.
i prefer Nissans "think kill ferraris" program aka every Skyline thru the R-34

John Kuthe...
oh lord, you also think that electricity comes from the juicy fairy too huh?

audiobaun said:
I havent bought a Pioneer deck in years due to the PICO fuse issue as I like to swapp amps quite a bit.Every deck has its faults of course.I would give them a call at tech support to see if they can help or make some recommendations
sorry i missed your post, it was obscured from the inane posts from you know who

I lovem too.  Had an '01 Altima for a long time. My insurance company ended up taking it from me eventually...it would not die, loved that car.
i had a 96 i30t (with a 5 speed and LSD) that i put over 160,000 mikes on when it finally died at 245k and an 03 Maxima SE that had ECU issues and lost it to a hail storm and the ECU died about 3 days after the storm, so it was well timed. Miss both of those cars. They were badasses

i had a 96 i30t (with a 5 speed and LSD) that i put over 160,000 mikes on when it finally died at 245k and an 03 Maxima SE that had ECU issues and lost it to a hail storm and the ECU died about 3 days after the storm, so it was well timed. Miss both of those cars. They were badasses
I went through a handful of clutches on my '01.  Kinda the same boat, I put about 145k on mine in about 5 yrs.  Insurance claimed it due to a dumb fender bender a careless driver got me into. It had around 280k+ on it.  Was still running fine...

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnKuthe said:
Do you forget that I'm a degreed Electrical Engineer with a long almost lifetime interest in audio equipment?

I don't claim to know everything but I DO know a LOT! And with the help of my Auto Installer Guy and stuff I learned here we put together a pretty good system in my 2006 Grand Caravan! I was marveling at the beautiful clarity of the front stage when I drove a housemate to STL International Airport recently!

John Kuthe...
Me and the car audio community know dam well you didn't partake in the so called install audio in your fairy tale minivan. the person called "Tim" whom you hired thru CL prob gave up midway and left your stupid dumbass.

Me and the car audio community know dam well you didn't partake in the so called install audio in your fairy tale minivan. the person called "Tim" whom you hired thru CL prob gave up midway and left your stupid dumbass.
exactly. its like he thinks that who debacle of stupid didnt even happen. Ive said some dumb things on here myself, but nowhere near as dumb as 99% of the crap he says. And he wonders why people on here loathe when he shows up with more drivel

BS!! *I* chose the equipment and my Car Audio Installer guy Tim advised me about how to connect it all correctly ans run the wires for all the speakers and the amps, etc. He had the crimping tool, etc, and built bass cabinets for bass heads.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.