Pioneer deck shut off and making noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

realsquirrels

I have a Pioneer avh-x3800bhs. Everything else is stock except I added a backup cam.

So, my unit shut off while driving. There are no lights and it appears to be powered completely off. There was a strange interference type noise coming from behind the unit as soon as it happened that persisted even after shutting off all power in my vehicle. It did not stop until i removed the stereo fuse. After pulling off the dash and getting behind the unit I identified the noise is coming from the external speaker chime(for the turn signals, warning chimes, etc.). When I pull the fuse it stops, when I put the fuse in and turn my ignition on it starts again.

I checked the fuse in the back of the unit and went through all the wires briefly and everything appears to be secured and unexposed.

I've done a few installs before but am still relatively inexperienced with this stuff. Can anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this? Should I just start by removing tape and checking the connection of all of the wires?

Not sure how the door chime and the headunit are linked together. Make sure all your connections are not pinched against metal. A pinched power wire may cause more of an issue than noise.

Not sure how the door chime and the headunit are linked together. Make sure all your connections are not pinched against metal. A pinched power wire may cause more of an issue than noise.
The chime came with and attaches to the wiring harness.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.