pioneer components

Captin Jack
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
USA
im looking to get a new set of components i was looking at the Pioneer Premier TS-D720C or the PIONEER TS-C160R componets and i was wondering what pair would be better

ive looked at the reviews for the PIONEER TS-C160R but i cant find anything about the TS-D720C. anyone know anything about them????

anyways any input would be helpful

Try searching for TS-C720PRS instead. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

im looking to get a new set of components i was looking at the Pioneer Premier TS-D720C or the PIONEER TS-C160R componets and i was wondering what pair would be better
ive looked at the reviews for the PIONEER TS-C160R but i cant find anything about the TS-D720C. anyone know anything about them????

anyways any input would be helpful
I've got the 720 in the doors of my pu and they sound great! Way better than the 160's ever did.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

The Pioneer 720C's are basically a carry over of the Premier 720PRS, which I have owned, and loved them. I am considering getting a set of the 720C's to see how they do...I can get them for about $100 BNIB so I figure it's worth a shot. May be the next forum boner, who knows?

I would like to know if the Premier 720PRS get real loud? I read somewhere that they were not good for cranking, just SQ. How much power do they really need to shine?

I would like to know if the Premier 720PRS get real loud? I read somewhere that they were not good for cranking, just SQ. How much power do they really need to shine?
I've heard them amped through the passives with 50w, 100w, and 150w rms and they perform quite well with all of those power ranges. 150w rms did make a difference with the midbass, especially over 50w.

The Pioneer 720C's are basically a carry over of the Premier 720PRS
Two totally different speakers. The 720PRS's are not discontinued and the 720C's are not a carry-over or replacement. Click the links and see for yourself... they are very different.

I like an agressive sound, kinda like Focals. I know a lot of people don't like Kappa because of the tweeter, but I do. I'm also looking at the PVF 216, Perfect 6.1, and the Lanzar Opti6c. I have a very hard time believeing the hype about the RSD65cs. Any thoughts on the other comps I'm considering?

I like an agressive sound, kinda like Focals. I know a lot of people don't like Kappa because of the tweeter, but I do. I'm also looking at the PVF 216, Perfect 6.1, and the Lanzar Opti6c. I have a very hard time believeing the hype about the RSD65cs. Any thoughts on the other comps I'm considering?
How much power do you have to work with?

I have 4x100 or 200x2 right but I will be getting a bigger amp that is 150x4 or 200x4. I will be running 2 sets of components for a front stage. I'm trying to be cheap about this but It looks like I'll end spending more than I want to. I know they're not PRS but the TS-D720C look kinda good. I don't see any reviews yet. I don't have to have the best sound, just better than average because my 4 ported 12's are more intense than I thought they would be and my speakers are not keeping up. I think I'm easy to impress because I think Focal Access Coax sound awesome. Before I heard those I had Boston Pros, Mb Quart, and Phoenix Gold.

I have Type R door speakers currently and I don't like them at all. They sound pretty clear but power hungry and need more than 100 watts to perform IMO.

How much are you willing to spend on 2 sets of components? I only ask because there might be some single set alternatives to consider for the money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.